Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Report your 2013 Colorado List Completions!

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Report your 2013 Colorado List Completions!

Postby Teresa Gergen » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:40 am

The deadline to be included in this year's completion lists is Oct. 15, 2013. This becomes part of the story of Colorado's history of mountaineering, and I'd like to encourage everyone who's completed a list to submit their name.

If you've finished the CO 14ers, 13ers, etc., or any of the CO Hundred Milestones (Highest 100, 200, etc.), you can submit your name to the Colorado Mountain Club (CMC) for the record books. The lists for completions submitted in 2013 will be published in the Winter issue of the "Trail and Timberline," the CMC's quarterly publication, and recorded in the list completion databases. You do NOT need to be a member of the CMC to register your completion. Also, if you've completed a list prior to 2013, but never knew you could report it, you can still turn in your name now.

All completion information can be sent via email to: editor@cmc.org.

If you're reporting a 14er completion, please put "14er Files" in the subject line of your email, and include your name as you'd like it to appear, the name and date of your first 14er, and the name and date of your last 14er, or as much of that information as you can provide. For the 14ers, you can also write a paragraph with a story about your quest, and submit a photograph, which might be included in the 14er article.

If you're reporting a 13er milestone (Highest 100, 200, ..., 600 or All Thirteeners), please put "Beyond the 14ers" in the subject line, and include your name, and the name and date of your final peak in the list(s) you've completed. If you're one of this year's 13er finishers, please list out the info for each hundred group, not just the final 13er.

If you're reporting a 12er or lower milestone (Highest 700 and anything elevation-oriented beyond that), please put "Beyond the 13ers" in the subject line, and include your name, and the name and date of your final peak in the list(s) you've completed.

Re: Report your 2013 Colorado List Completions!

Postby sue personett » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:35 am

Teresa, I hope you included me.
Namaste
Sue

Postby TravelingMatt » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:31 pm

To be clear, the 14ers must be at least the CMC 54 list, which includes North Maroon and El Diente but not Challenger, correct?
So pleas'd at first the towering Alps we try,
Mount o'er the vales, and seem to tread the sky,
Th' increasing prospects tire our wand'ring eyes,
Hills peep o'er hills, and Alps on Alps arise!
-- Alexander Pope

Postby mtnmaneric » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:51 pm

I just submitted mine for the 14ers, and the Centennials.

I know that CMC reports a couple hundred for the Centennials, and only about 1,500 for the 14ers. That number seems low to me. Are there any other counts or estimates out there?

Postby Jon Frohlich » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:58 pm

mtnmaneric wrote:I just submitted mine for the 14ers, and the Centennials.

I know that CMC reports a couple hundred for the Centennials, and only about 1,500 for the 14ers. That number seems low to me. Are there any other counts or estimates out there?

I don't have much basis for this other than knowing people that aren't on either list but I'd say at a minimum you'd have to double the 14er number and add 50% or more to the centennial number. 3,000-4,000 for 14ers wouldn't be a stretch for me to believe at all.

Postby forbins_mtn » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:59 pm

My list: Capitol, Bells Traverse, Vestal, Dallas, Crestone Traverse, Little Bear and a few others

What I actually got done: none of those. But I climbed W Ridge of Quandary, El Diente, Shav/Tab and Castle.....and all of those were my girlfriend's first peaks. Now she's hooked more than me! Last week she climbed Quandary and Bierstadt in one day when I was out of town.

My job here is done, folks. I couldn't be happier this summer's results! \:D/

Next year the epic list will happen, and she will be with me

Postby djkest » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:02 pm

forbins_mtn wrote:My list: Capitol, Bells Traverse, Vestal, Dallas, Crestone Traverse, Little Bear and a few others

What I actually got done: none of those. But I climbed W Ridge of Quandary, El Diente, Shav/Tab and Castle.....and all of those were my girlfriend's first peaks. Now she's hooked more than me! Last week she climbed Quandary and Bierstadt in one day when I was out of town.

My job here is done, folks. I couldn't be happier this summer's results! \:D/

Next year the epic list will happen, and she will be with me

Good job! But your reply isn't relative to this particular topic. Perchance did you not read the OP?
Life is a mountain, not a beach.
Exploring and Wine, my personal blog

Postby forbins_mtn » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:04 pm

ha! no. was at work. quickly read it and that thought was on my mind anyway.

go on, everyone! i'm an idiot and will leave now. back to work for me!

Postby Teresa Gergen » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:20 pm

TravelingMatt wrote:To be clear, the 14ers must be at least the CMC 54 list, which includes North Maroon and El Diente but not Challenger, correct?

That'll work.

Since Challenger is ranked, any hundred milestone beyond the 14ers does require climbing it.

Postby flyingmagpie » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:24 am

Teresa--
This is good and important information and advice from you as usual. I finished the CMC 14ers four years ago, but did not submit a list to be published because I did not realize non-CMC members COULD submit a list to the club. I always do learn something new whenever I talk with you, always have!
"I've found the truest paths always lead through mountains." Kate Wolf, "An Unfinished Life"

Postby Mtnman200 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:08 am

Hi, John. Don't feel bad; I was four years late in submitting my 14ers completion as well. Better late than never...

Postby Teresa Gergen » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:45 pm

Bump.

Deadline is Oct. 15.

Next