Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Two dogs left on Massive Sunday?

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Two dogs left on Massive Sunday?

Postby Hungry Jack » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:31 pm

Man, those were the days. It has been kinda boring around here since that drama.
I need more dehydrogenase.

Postby J-RockandRockpile » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:34 pm

Fisching wrote:Dear Site Administrator,

PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!

Or if you don't want to read this THREAD then simply do not click on it...
I have been to the top of the mountain, and it is good

Postby Ross M G » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:49 pm

in before the lock

Postby Dakota » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:17 pm

winmag4582001 wrote:
SurfNTurf wrote:It's a good idea to check up on the situation, and I hope there's already a happy ending. But this thread is destined to be locked after about 15 pages of Internet crusading.

Sorry if I made a bad post. I didnt mean any harm.

I wouldn't apologize if I were you. Don't feel bad because annoying forum gestapo feel the need to dictate what can and what can't be posted on an open forum [-X . Like J-rock said, they could just not read it.
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
-Albert Einstein

Postby wildlobo71 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:41 pm

download (2).jpg
download (2).jpg (30.76 KiB) Viewed 734 times
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby Derby Ale » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:57 pm

Which Gestapo is calling out which Gestapo?

Let me see if I can summarize last summer's blockbuster drama in a paragraph?

Couple hikes the Sawtooth and finds abandoned dog. Posts picture of said dog. Couple gets accused of posting as a hoax. Later determined that couple was serious when another member recalls seeing dog on Sawtooth a FULL WEEK earlier. A bunch of great folks band together and go rescue dog. Story ends up on 9News. We all love the folks who made rescue. Owner sees story on News and comes here to thank those who helped, apologize to those he offended, and begs for a chance to see his dog. Accusations are made and general questions to his character cast though he noted that he called 911, Clear Creek County Sheriff, and SAR. All three agencies deny him as it's "just a dog". Hatred for dog owner grows, story gets more heated. Clear Creek County prosecutor actually prosecutes owner for animal abuse despite fact that county from which he is prosecuting refused to help in the first place. Original owner loses dog forever and several folks here call him the worst human to ever live post Nazi Germany.

A good time was had by all!

Postby Dex » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:13 pm

Derby Ale wrote:

Montani Semper Liberi
"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous." Barry Ritholtz

Postby kansas » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:13 pm

Derby Ale wrote:Which Gestapo is calling out which Gestapo?

Couple hikes the Sawtooth and finds abandoned dog. Posts picture of said dog. Couple gets accused of posting as a hoax. Later determined that couple was serious when another member recalls seeing dog on Sawtooth a FULL WEEK earlier. A bunch of great folks band together and go rescue dog. Story ends up on 9News. We all love the folks who made rescue. Owner sees story on News and comes here to thank those who helped, apologize to those he offended, and begs for a chance to see his dog. Accusations are made and general questions to his character cast though he noted that he called 911, Clear Creek County Sheriff, and SAR. All three agencies deny him as it's "just a dog". Hatred for dog owner grows, story gets more heated. Clear Creek County prosecutor actually prosecutes owner for animal abuse despite fact that county from which he is prosecuting refused to help in the first place. Original owner loses dog forever and several folks here call him the worst human to ever live post Nazi Germany.

You sir, are my new hero.

*Fixed that, Greg.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (18.58 KiB) Viewed 579 times
Last edited by kansas on Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In the end, of course, it changed almost nothing. But I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams."
— Jon Krakauer

Postby Fisching » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Darrin, you forgot to post "Rainbow, The Space Dog."
Peter Aitchison on the risks of rock climbing and mountaineering: "That's life, isn't it? We think the challenge and satisfaction you get from doing this is worth the risks."

"Respect the mountain. Train hard. Hope you can sneak up when it isn't looking."

"The mind is always worried about consequences, but the heart knows no fear. The heart just does what it wants."

Postby Dakota » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:32 pm

Derby Ale wrote:

That I have to say was a fantastic summary!
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
-Albert Einstein

Postby Dex » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:43 pm

Dakota007 wrote:
Derby Ale wrote:

That I have to say was a fantastic summary!

Stop praising Derby Ale and bash someone!
Montani Semper Liberi
"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous." Barry Ritholtz

Postby flylikeabeagle » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:02 pm

winmag4582001 wrote:
SurfNTurf wrote:It's a good idea to check up on the situation, and I hope there's already a happy ending. But this thread is destined to be locked after about 15 pages of Internet crusading.

Sorry if I made a bad post. I didnt mean any harm.

Ugh, sorry that you were made to feel dumb for simply asking about a couple of dogs you saw on the trail minus their owners. How many times have we all run across dogs on hikes that were ahead of their owners or got separated some how?. Very kind of you to inquire.

Do we need prissy histrionics every time there is a thread about a dog? Yes, I know you hardcore mountaineers were so emotionally harmed by the whole Lucky/Missy thing, but can't anyone ever just ignore a thread they are not interested in and move on?
Can we drive any higher?

PreviousNext