Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Free Physical Therapy Consultation

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Free Physical Therapy Consultation

Postby jtdudley » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:17 pm

As we approach the between season between hiking and ski seasons, many of us have aches and pains that we have been putting off getting addressed, and/or we have been trying to ignore while we get through hiking season and/or prepare for skiing.

I utilize this site regularly for beta, route information and general forum stalking. There regularly are medical advice questions that come up in the forum, and I try to PM the member with any advice I might have. As a thank you I want to offer 2 evenings this summer/fall of FREE 20 minute consultations to 14er.com members (no strings attached). I want to give back to this great outdoor community and hopefully you will find this service of benefit.

Night 1: Wednesday 8/28/13 appointments will be every 20 minutes from 5:40pm-7:20pm

Night 2: Thursday 9/5/13 appointments 5:40pm-7:20pm

To schedule a time slot please call us at 303-484-1232. Feel free to post, email/pm me or call with any questions.

Justin Dudley, PT, DPT, EMT

Re: Free Physical Therapy Consultation

Postby jtdudley » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:08 pm

Bump.

Only had 2 people sign up so far.....

Postby kushrocks » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:18 pm

This is awesome that you are doing this. I believe I met with Justin 3 years ago for a quick session and it was extremely helpful. Thank you for doing this. I would love to make it but don't think I can swing those times you have mentioned.
" The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
"Danger in Alpinism is just part of the game. As soon as you eliminate the danger you have just every other sport." Febrizio Zangrilli
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
"To travel, to experience and learn, that is to live" - Sherpa Tensing Norgay (first person to Summit Mt. Everest)
"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit" - Edward Abbey
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."

Postby vonmackle » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:21 am

Thanks for offering this service. If any of you folks out there have been having any issues, I would highly recommend giving this a shot. I was having severe knee problems one summer and a physical therapist friend of mine was able to solve the issue after watching me walk only a few steps. He made a couple of footwear suggestions which ended up making the problem go away.
"To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable." -Ludwig van Beethoven

Postby tsizz » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:59 am

Perhaps the only time I've ever wished I was closer to Denver :) Seriously Justin, thanks for providing this amazing service, I hope folks take you up it...I know I would if I could

Postby evanhaeze » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:59 am

I would highly recommend taking advantage of this opportunity- you will learn something about your performance/that nagging injury that you didn't know, and Justin is a boss who will help you get better. Take advantage of it!

Postby jtdudley » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:12 am

All time slots for Wed 8/28 are full. Still have 3 more time slots remaining for Thurs 9/5.

Postby maverick_manley » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:33 am

jtdudley wrote:All time slots for Wed 8/28 are full. Still have 3 more time slots remaining for Thurs 9/5.

Hey Justin,

Thanks for doing this. What times do you have available on Thursday 9/5? I'd like to sign up.

Prakash
My Brain Stops at Treeline but my Soles will Summit

Postby zoriloco » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:39 am

Wow this is very nice on your part. Thank you!

Postby jtdudley » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:58 pm

Thanks for all the interest. Our original slots have filled up, so we opened another 5 slots from 5:40pm-7:20pm on Wednesday 8/28 with Lauren (our other sports medicine therapist), so if you missed out on the first round of sign-ups but still want a free consultation, let me know ASAP.

Thanks,

Justin

Postby Obese_goat » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:52 pm

Wow count me in! I'm a snowboard addict and a noob at 14ers but I have been putting off the aches and pains much too long lol Just last Wednesday I was doing something really dumb and now I have a bruised heel! DOH! I hope it doesn't affect the shred season before it actually gets started. I actually live really close to your office. If any slots are still available I could greatly benefit from this.

Postby jtdudley » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:30 pm

Thanks to everyone that signed up and came by for a consultation. Keep your eyes peeled as we will probably try to offer this 2x/year with the next round being in the spring.