Forum

Free Physical Therapy Consultation

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Free Physical Therapy Consultation

Postby jtdudley » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:17 pm

As we approach the between season between hiking and ski seasons, many of us have aches and pains that we have been putting off getting addressed, and/or we have been trying to ignore while we get through hiking season and/or prepare for skiing.

I utilize this site regularly for beta, route information and general forum stalking. There regularly are medical advice questions that come up in the forum, and I try to PM the member with any advice I might have. As a thank you I want to offer 2 evenings this summer/fall of FREE 20 minute consultations to 14er.com members (no strings attached). I want to give back to this great outdoor community and hopefully you will find this service of benefit.

Night 1: Wednesday 8/28/13 appointments will be every 20 minutes from 5:40pm-7:20pm

Night 2: Thursday 9/5/13 appointments 5:40pm-7:20pm

To schedule a time slot please call us at 303-484-1232. Feel free to post, email/pm me or call with any questions.

Justin Dudley, PT, DPT, EMT

Re: Free Physical Therapy Consultation

Postby jtdudley » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:08 pm

Bump.

Only had 2 people sign up so far.....

Postby kushrocks » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:18 pm

This is awesome that you are doing this. I believe I met with Justin 3 years ago for a quick session and it was extremely helpful. Thank you for doing this. I would love to make it but don't think I can swing those times you have mentioned.
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
"To travel, to experience and learn, that is to live" - Sherpa Tensing Norgay (first person to Summit Mt. Everest)
"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit" - Edward Abbey
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."

Postby vonmackle » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:21 am

Thanks for offering this service. If any of you folks out there have been having any issues, I would highly recommend giving this a shot. I was having severe knee problems one summer and a physical therapist friend of mine was able to solve the issue after watching me walk only a few steps. He made a couple of footwear suggestions which ended up making the problem go away.
"To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable." -Ludwig van Beethoven

Instagram

Postby tsizz » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:59 am

Perhaps the only time I've ever wished I was closer to Denver :) Seriously Justin, thanks for providing this amazing service, I hope folks take you up it...I know I would if I could

Postby evanhaeze » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:59 am

I would highly recommend taking advantage of this opportunity- you will learn something about your performance/that nagging injury that you didn't know, and Justin is a boss who will help you get better. Take advantage of it!

Postby jtdudley » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:12 am

All time slots for Wed 8/28 are full. Still have 3 more time slots remaining for Thurs 9/5.

Postby maverick_manley » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:33 am

jtdudley wrote:All time slots for Wed 8/28 are full. Still have 3 more time slots remaining for Thurs 9/5.

Hey Justin,

Thanks for doing this. What times do you have available on Thursday 9/5? I'd like to sign up.

Prakash
My Brain Stops at Treeline but my Soles will Summit

Postby zoriloco » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:39 am

Wow this is very nice on your part. Thank you!

Postby jtdudley » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:58 pm

Thanks for all the interest. Our original slots have filled up, so we opened another 5 slots from 5:40pm-7:20pm on Wednesday 8/28 with Lauren (our other sports medicine therapist), so if you missed out on the first round of sign-ups but still want a free consultation, let me know ASAP.

Thanks,

Justin

Postby Obese_goat » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:52 pm

Wow count me in! I'm a snowboard addict and a noob at 14ers but I have been putting off the aches and pains much too long lol Just last Wednesday I was doing something really dumb and now I have a bruised heel! DOH! I hope it doesn't affect the shred season before it actually gets started. I actually live really close to your office. If any slots are still available I could greatly benefit from this.

Postby jtdudley » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:30 am

Thanks to everyone that signed up and came by for a consultation. Keep your eyes peeled as we will probably try to offer this 2x/year with the next round being in the spring.

Next