Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

2013 14er Dance Off Challenge

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: 2013 14er Dance Off Challenge

Postby semitrueskerm » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:44 pm

In the Year 2000, Juan Pablo Montoya entered into his first and only Indianapolis 500. He went on to dominate the race leading 167 of 200 laps to take the checkered flag and have his likeness inscribed forever on the Borg Warner Trophy. Following his victory, he went on to bigger and better things...Formula 1....NASCAR...throngs of screaming women and vestal virgins...etc. But for those who have the ultimate respect for pure talent and the institution that is the Indianapolis 500...he remains a legend. He entered the race once....and won it. He walked away on top. He has the highest career winning percentage at that race.

Thus...you get the moral of my story. I have retired and will let the rest of you all fight it out to join me in Winner's Summit Circle. Champagne from the Dance Off Challenge Cup tastes so very sweet. It's time to share it with someone.

REMEMBER...Submissions due September 30 by 11:59 p.m.

(Translation: I got nothin' left. You've seen all my 12 moves. I'm quite certain I can't beat those already submitted...thus...I have been shamed into not entering...)

The Challenge Trophies are being polished as we speak!

Postby oldschoolczar » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:22 pm

Just like Inigo Montoya..

Postby Lady McClimbsalot » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:18 pm

semitrueskerm wrote:(Translation: I got nothin' left. You've seen all my 12 moves. I'm quite certain I can't beat those already submitted...thus...I have been shamed into not entering...)

You have fought the good fight, my friend. I admire your humility (or fear of losing.... whichever) =D>
I'll climb till I dye!

Postby Cookiehiker » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:28 pm

The Cookiehiker, after post-holing through knee deep snow on Handies Peak, decided to break out the dance moves...Napoleon Dynomite style...shy of the summit....

http://youtu.be/29C5rKrnHDU

Postby Oso Blanco » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:17 pm

Glad to be part of the 'production crew'. :-D You win hands down, but then again are we on the summit?

Postby Craig Cook » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:28 pm

Cookiehiker wrote:The Cookiehiker, after post-holing through knee deep snow on Handies Peak, decided to break out the dance moves...Napoleon Dynomite style...shy of the summit....

http://youtu.be/29C5rKrnHDU

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Postby Craig Cook » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:36 pm

bergsteigen wrote:Since we seem to be in desperate need of some Comic Relief.... let me present an entry to the group contest!

Great dance moves by everyone, but while I have no idea who the "Gurl" in the blue t-shirt/purple hoodie is, she gets bonus points in this video - she had me cracking up the entire time! :lol:
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Postby MonGoose » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:43 pm

Today is the final day to film an entry into the 2013 Dance Off Challenge but Jim & I are offering a 3 day grace period for all of you procrastinators to get your videos completed and posted. If you are cutting it close, please shoot me a PM to make sure you are included. By the end of this week, we will begin the voting for the best Individual and the best Group video. Congratulations to everyone who put in the work to make a video and I've greatly enjoyed watching each and every one.

Postby Lady McClimbsalot » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:51 pm

Such awesome dance videos!!! =D>
I'll climb till I dye!

Postby aliciaf » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:12 pm

Bummer, between working, rainy weekends and being sick I didn't get a chance to dance on a summit yet again this year!! Next year, definitely!!

Postby blazintoes » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:28 am

Procastination aside, I didn't think my video was worthy but in the wake of so much sad news lately I'd like to share my video, which was one of the happiest days of my life in hopes to put a smile on your face and remind you to do what you love and LOVE what you do! The day I summited my final fourteener. A wise man once said, "It’s not HOW you summit, it’s how you CELEBRATE on the summit!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II9me_vqPPI

Postby MonGoose » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:03 pm

It brings me great pleasure to introduce my entry into the Individual category of the 2013 Dance Off competition.

PreviousNext