Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Can you see Pike's Peak from Mt. Elbert?

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Can you see Pike's Peak from Mt. Elbert?

Postby Less Stupid » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi,

I'm new here! I just climbed Mt. Elbert on Saturday, and the view was fantastic. I always like to know, or try to figure out, what I'm looking at when I hike or climb mountains, but from Elbert's summit, there were WAY too many mountains to name!

However, there was one mountain, way off to the east, that we were wondering about. I found the map on this site, and it looks like it's at least possible that it could have been Pike's Peak. Does anybody know for sure?

Thanks!

Re: Can you see Pike's Peak from Mt. Elbert?

Postby RyGuy » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:43 pm

Yes, you can easily see Pike's Peak from Mount Elbert. It's a massive, hulking mountain that is south east of Elbert.

The summit panorama feature that Bill has also can help. Just turn on Peak names. = Check it out: http://14ers.com/php14ers/panoramas.php?parmid=20

-Ryan
"Climbing mountains is the only thing I know that combines the best of the physical, spiritual, and emotional world all rolled into one." -Steve Gladbach

Postby Less Stupid » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:55 pm

Awesome, that's totally what we were looking at.

The panoramas with peak names is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for the info!

Postby unclegar » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:54 pm

Turns out you can see Pikes Peak from about everywhere. 8) o.k maybe a little exaggeration but it is amazing how many peaks and places from which you can still see it.
...the mountain peaks belong to Him. -- PS 95:4

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Postby kaiman » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:23 am

unclegar wrote:Turns out you can see Pikes Peak from about everywhere. 8) o.k maybe a little exaggeration but it is amazing how many peaks and places from which you can still see it.

Yep Sarah Palin just called. She said she could see Pikes Peak from Alaska. :P
"I want to keep the mountains clean of racism, religion and politics. In the mountains this should play no role."

- Joe Stettner

"Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste; look well to each step; and from the beginning think what may be the end."

- Edward Whymper