Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Sushi in Buena Vista??? Indeed!!

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Sushi in Buena Vista??? Indeed!!

Postby audiotom » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:19 am

My son and I were up last week and looking for a meal in Buena Vista
We had dined at one steak place a few years ago
Having eaten more than our fair share of steakhouse and Mexican fare on this trip in Silverton, Salida, Lake City, Moab etc - we were ready for something else

The owner of the Trailhead outdoor camping/hiking/biking store suggested Sushi

sushi in BV?

Asian Palate
On Main Street - go east from the BV red light 2 blocks on the left

We were shocked

here was a contemporary sushi/thai restaurant with fresh fish - upscale and reasonably priced

I live in New Orleans where we have 20+ good sushi places and it was a real nice treat to get a great meal in the mountains

that night we camped west of St Elmo - with a content palate and a sky full of stars

Re: Sushi in Buena Vista??? Indeed!!

Postby rickinco123 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:24 am

Wow,

Impressive that someone opened a sushi restaurant in Buena Vista, I'll make a point to patronize the place next time I drive through. Entrepreneur = opening a sushi restaurant in Beuna Vista.

Postby gb » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:09 pm

I would call it asian fusion that happens to have sushi as well. In any case, it's quite good. Last time I tried to go, however, there was a 45 minute wait, so the word seems to be out that it's a place worth going to.

Postby Dan_Suitor » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:30 pm

Do Rocky Mountain Oysters count as seafood? :mrgreen:

Postby jmanner » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:34 pm

This is what will happen if you eat *raw* fish in Buena Vista : :barf off:
A man has got to know his limitations.-Dr. Jonathan Hemlock

Postby Dex » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:41 pm

jmanner wrote:This is what will happen if you eat *raw* fish in Buena Vista : :barf off:

If the seafood is raw; I'm thinking you want to be as close as possible to the sea.

Buena Vista should have a steak tartare place.
Montani Semper Liberi
"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous." Barry Ritholtz

Postby peter303 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:49 pm

I was at the BV Eddyline restaurant (river one) July 4 and asked them where their fish came from? They said none from Colorado but flown in. I was hoping for something fresh from the Arkansas River just a feet away :(

Postby BenfromtheEast » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:28 pm

I didn't try the sushi because my ski descent of Mt. Columbia seemed like enough boldness for one day, but the green curry dish was awesome. And they have a nice, romantic atmosphere. There was even live piano music. MonGoose let me buy him dinner.

Postby speth » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:16 pm

I had chinese in BV a few years ago... it definitely was the mountain version of a typically mediocre chinese place.
I'll be damned if I feel like I will ever know anything, but if we don't keep moving on that last hill, we'll never know what's on the other side.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The rain and thunder, the wind and haze are bound for better days. My life, my dream. Nothin's gonna stop me now.
[-X What are you insinuating? Do you think I'm Ranger? =; Because if you do than you are dead wrong.
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.

Postby Dex » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:52 pm

speth wrote:I had chinese in BV a few years ago... it definitely was the mountain version of a typically mediocre chinese place.

Since 2006 I've spent 4-5 months each year in BV and only eaten once at the Pizza place - ok but undercooked, K's a dry hamburger, Eddy line a tasteless grain fed beef burger.

I like BV very much - good for coffee, beer and baked goods at the oldest bake shop.

In Salida I had a good steak in Currents. One day I'll try Quincy.

BV recently had a company come in to research how plan for the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Da54TgWW8&feature=youtu.be

http://www.chaffeecountytimes.com/topic/?q=revitalization&l=25&sd=asc

Over the years I've noticed an improvement.

It really is a great location.
Montani Semper Liberi
"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous." Barry Ritholtz

Postby speth » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:03 pm

Dex wrote:
speth wrote:I had chinese in BV a few years ago... it definitely was the mountain version of a typically mediocre chinese place.

Since 2006 I've spent 4-5 months each year in BV and only eaten once at the Pizza place - ok but undercooked, K's a dry hamburger, Eddy line a tasteless grain fed beef burger.

I like BV very much - good for coffee, beer and baked goods at the oldest bake shop.

In Salida I had a good steak in Currents. One day I'll try Quincy.

BV recently had a company come in to research how plan for the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Da54TgWW8&feature=youtu.be

http://www.chaffeecountytimes.com/topic/?q=revitalization&l=25&sd=asc

Over the years I've noticed an improvement.

It really is a great location.

Oh don't get me wrong, I like it a lot. Just not that particular place. But it wasn't much different from the crappy food you would find at any other restaurant in a stripmall in Denver.
I'll be damned if I feel like I will ever know anything, but if we don't keep moving on that last hill, we'll never know what's on the other side.
The rain and thunder, the wind and haze are bound for better days. My life, my dream. Nothin's gonna stop me now.
[-X What are you insinuating? Do you think I'm Ranger? =; Because if you do than you are dead wrong.
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.

Postby Nelson » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:50 pm

A couple of years ago I googled "Fine dining, Buena Vista".

The search engine is still running.

Next