Forum

CORSAR Cards PLEASE READ

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: CORSAR Cards PLEASE READ

Postby MountainSlayer » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:17 pm

Thanks times a million, Britt. I was already going to purchase, but this helped me to know how much good it will do. I will buying a card for my wife and another for myself, tomorrow.

Kris

Postby jdorje » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:23 pm

A quarter of the fund going to administrative purposes is not so sexy. That means you should not be just buying cards for the purpose of donation. Buy a card so that your rescuers can be covered, but if you want to give more money donate directly to a worthy SAR.
-Jason Dorje Short

Postby Jim Davies » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:35 am

A valid point, but the fund is small ($450K/year) so that increases the admin costs. Collecting that $450K requires processing over a million payments.

There's a list of Colorado S&R organizations here: http://coloradosarboard.org/COSARTeams.shtml
Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of white blood cells.

Postby letourneau41 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:10 am

Just picked up mine.
Every man Dies, but not every man truly lives.

Postby alsrun » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:33 pm

And if you lose an active card or if the dog eats half of it, you can contact DOLA and they will email you a new one. Thank you SAR for the work you do!

Postby d_baker » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:20 pm

bob863 wrote:Anyone can purchase a COSAR card. Please remember, it's NOT an insurance card. It only provides funds to reimburse SAR teams for expenses incurred for any SAR activity...here's a link to the official CO govt web site...

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/DOLA-Main/CBON/1251592090523

And before making the purchase, you're reminded that the card is NOT insurance:

CORSAR_card2013.jpg
CORSAR_card2013.jpg (134.17 KiB) Viewed 763 times

Postby globreal » Fri May 27, 2016 1:08 pm

Dear Climbing Community,

This past weekend I was once again involved with an injured party that needed rescue from the backcountry. The Alpine Rescue Team of Clear Creek County came at a moments notice. They are once again to be absolutely commended for their sacrifice of time, energy, and financial commitments to help people in need.

So this is a reminder to PLEASE get your Colorado Outdoor Recreation Search and Rescue (CORSAR) Card.

The CORSAR card is available for $3 for a one-year and $12 for five-year card and can be purchased at over 300 retailers in the state. You may also purchase a card on-line. Please visit:

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dola/colorado-outdoor-recreation-search-and-rescue-corsar-card

Britt
According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you.
1 Peter 1:3-4

Postby pbakwin » Fri May 27, 2016 1:32 pm

Thank you for the reminder. Mine expires in less than a month. Best $12 I ever spent & I haven't needed to be rescued!

Postby TallGrass » Sat May 28, 2016 3:00 am

Picked up a five-year one at the Lake City visitor center. Good stop for any maps or beta for the Alpine Loop and area San Juan 14ers.
Not sure if I'll do more 14ers. The trip reports are too tiring. :wink:

Postby youngk2844 » Sun May 29, 2016 6:46 pm

So, I've started laminating my card and hanging it luggage tag style on my pack. I have found there are many out there climbing Colorado mountains who have never heard of a CORSAR card (fund). People see it hanging on my pack and ask about it which gives me the opportunity for some gentle encouragement.

Previous