Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Leadville Heavy Half - Rob Jansen Memorial Team ROLL CALL!

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Leadville Heavy Half - Rob Jansen Memorial Team ROLL CAL

Postby Woodie Hopper » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:43 pm

Glad to hear about the bibs- I'll try to find you guys before the run and wish you the best.

Woodie

Postby metalmountain » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:52 pm

I will come and try to say hello as well! If you guys end up deciding on a gathering place for the relay runners post it here so us solo folks can find you easier. And also discuss after race beer plans, which are the most important plans of the day.

:bow: :iluvbeer:
"The greatest battle is not physical but psychological. The demons telling us to give up when we push ourselves to the limit can never be silenced for good. They must always be answered by the quiet, steady dignity that simply refuses to give in. Courage. We all suffer. Keep going." - Graeme Fife

"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem

Postby wildlobo71 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:15 pm

lemurtech wrote:I'm open to any section someone doesn't want - with the caveat that I've only been running down here at 6400' so I have no idea how I will work at 13'K, honestly I will likely end up walking some of it but I'll give it my best.

I anyone camping the night before? I'll be leaving south Denver area on Friday after work, around 4:30ish and driving straight up there and will be heading back on Saturday afternoon I would assume.

David, we may be doing some of the more unsexy portions of the route; let the out of towners and masochists who want to partly run (they will be group C) the entire thing go for it. I need lower down support.
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby lemurtech » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:39 pm

No problem Bill. I'm fine with any of the route.

Postby Project Ralphie » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:11 pm

I just downloaded the Athlete's Guide for the race. On page 6, it gives directions to Leadville from Denver, Grand Junction, Pueblo and Colorado Springs, and goes into great detail for each, then at the end it says "IF YOU HAPPEN TO GET LOST, JUST HEAD UPHILL."

I am adopting that as my personal motto.

Postby forbins_mtn » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:00 am

ok. so i'm headed to work and then up to Buena Vista for the night. As of now, I'm meeting at 6th and Harrison at 7am...

Bill, you have my cell number. Text or call me if anything changes. I'm picking up my packet tonight. Do you have the groups worked out?

Postby lemurtech » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:15 am

See you all at 7am tomorrow. I've decided I'll get more sleep if I just get up early so I'm driving up in the morning. I'll have to pick up my packet then.

Postby wildlobo71 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:32 am

My only real goal was to get the outta-towners coming in a chance to be the D-group if they wanted to... So far, the response is great.

I am not concerned about the group you run in enough to try to make perfect group-teams beforehand... I may make a "draw a position from the hat" tomorrow morning and then let you all duke it out if you want to trade. And I've been offering anyone who wants the summit can keep going after their leg is complete. I just want the entire team to meet at the junction of the half-and full at the end so we can finish together.
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby ameristrat » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:58 am

I'll be picking up my packet tomorrow morning. Planning on arriving in Leadville around 6:30. We're meeting at 6th and Harrison at 7? I'll run wherever. Based on my run yesterday, unsexy portions might be best ](*,)
You cannot stay on the summit forever; you have to come down again. So why bother in the first place? Just this: What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. One descends, one sees no longer, but one has seen. There is an art of conducting oneself in the lower regions by the memory of what one saw higher up. When one can no longer see, one can at least still know. - Rene Daumal

Postby wildlobo71 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:59 am

ameristrat wrote:I'll be picking up my packet tomorrow morning. Planning on arriving in Leadville around 6:30. We're meeting at 6th and Harrison at 7? I'll run wherever. Based on my run yesterday, unsexy portions might be best ](*,)

Perfect Teddy, I'll make sure you get the B Group carrying the bottled water backpack.
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby ameristrat » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:53 am

I could do that. See you tomorrow!
You cannot stay on the summit forever; you have to come down again. So why bother in the first place? Just this: What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. One descends, one sees no longer, but one has seen. There is an art of conducting oneself in the lower regions by the memory of what one saw higher up. When one can no longer see, one can at least still know. - Rene Daumal

Postby Bean » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:56 pm

1) Rob was a fast friggin' dude and I'm very sad to have never met him.

2) Seeing you all cross the finish line together, especially so close to Rob's finishing time, brought tears.
gdthomas wrote:Bean, you're an idiot.

http://throughpolarizedeyes.com

PreviousNext