Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Camp Games

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Camp Games

Postby Jesse M » Sun May 05, 2013 2:41 pm

What are some fun games you play at camp?

One of my favorites is a version of tug-o-war. Two players stand on opposite rocks or stumps or a combination of the two, each player holds onto a rope that is longer than the distance between the two rocks or stumps that each player is balancing on. The goal is to pull the other person off of their perch or pull all of the slack through the rope.

Anyone have any fun games they like to play when camping?

Re: Camp Games

Postby Vincopotamus » Sun May 05, 2013 10:17 pm

While waiting for the train at Needleton:

1.) Two players stand balancing on opposite train tracks facing one another, and try to knock each other off, either physically or by lunging threateningly. First person to touch the ground loses.

2.) Two players balancing on opposite train tracks facing the same way, and race down the tracks to a predetermined finish line (say, 10 or 20 railroad ties away). First person to cross the finish without losing balance and touching the ground wins.
Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!

Postby HULKHIKEGOOD » Mon May 06, 2013 7:02 am

Bags (or cornhole depending which part of the country your from). There is nothing like kicking the boots off, cracking a cold beer, and tossin' some bags after a long hike!
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."- Philippians 4:13

Postby susanjoypaul » Mon May 06, 2013 7:18 am

I have three games that I like to play at camp. These are the most fun after a long day of peak-bagging:

1) Set up the tent: See who can get the tent set up the fastest - my partner always wins this one! Those extending pole things just befuddle me.

2) Melt the snow / filter the water: No matter how hard I try, my partner always manages to have the water ready while I'm still fumbling around in my back for the stove / filter.

3) Cook the dinner: I have to admit, I usually give him a head start with this one, but even if I didn't I'm pretty sure he'd still beat me every time.

I'm just no good at camp games, but I am a good sport, so I'll keep on playing! :-D

Postby GregMiller » Mon May 06, 2013 7:42 am

susanjoypaul wrote:I'm just no good at camp games, but I am a good sport, so I'll keep on playing! :-D

:lol:

I personally enjoyed various card games (hearts, egyptian rat screw, etc.) back in boy scouts. Although I imagine a game of 'never have I ever' could get pretty interesting at a gathering :twisted:
Still Here
been scared and battered. My hopes the wind done scattered. Snow has friz me, Sun has baked me,
Looks like between 'em they done Tried to make me
Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'-- But I don't care! I'm still here!
Langston Hughes

Postby Lemmiwinks » Mon May 06, 2013 8:05 am

Phase 10
“If you're bumming out, you're not gonna get to the top, so as long as we're up here we might as well make a point of grooving." -Scott Fischer

Postby SolarAlex » Mon May 06, 2013 8:51 am

VC is the finest gambling time wasting game on this planet. always bring a deck of cards on a camping trip.

Postby Arkenstone » Mon May 06, 2013 9:42 am

well the 10th mtn huts all keep a deck of Uno cards so that has to be a favorite

Postby peter303 » Mon May 06, 2013 12:16 pm

Read literature, plays, poems out loud around a campfire.
Much literature before 1900 was designed to read out loud.
Families, dinner parties read out loud in the evening before electronic media.
Silent, personal reading was not a widespread practice until well into the 1800s.

Scary Poe stories are good.

Postby Presto » Mon May 06, 2013 12:24 pm

by peter303 » Mon May 06, 2013 12:16 pm
Read literature, plays, poems out loud around a campfire.

+1 ... The Man and I do this on camping trips.

As an alternative, there's always the challenging "cherry-pit spitting distance contest". :wft: :-"

Happy trails! :-D
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM

Postby bohlsen » Mon May 06, 2013 12:32 pm

Card's Against Humanity is a hilarious game with the right group of people.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Postby macgyver » Mon May 06, 2013 2:33 pm

bohlsen wrote:Card's Against Humanity is a hilarious game with the right group of people.

+1
-MacG

Next