Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

!!! Shoplifter at Neptune !!!

Items that do not fit the categories above.

!!! Shoplifter at Neptune !!!

Postby Steve Climber » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:18 pm

Looks like a someone with more balls than morals walked out of Neptune with a pair of La Sportiva Olympus Mons boots today...not that he could use them on any mountains around here, but keep an eye out. Assuming he uses them for what they are meant for, hopefully the community will recognize him and do the right thing. Link below to Neptune Mountaineering's Facebook page and video.

"Attention Mountain Community: we need your help. Today, the individual in this video walked out of our store with a pair of La Sportiva Olympus Mons Evo boots size 44.5 without paying for them. He is shown in this video with the boots on his feet. The man is white, approximately 50 years old, 6'0" tall, 150 pounds and is missing his pinky and ring finger on his left hand, possibly from frostbite injury. These boots are really only useful on Denali and Everest, and the mountaineering community is small. Any accurate information about who this man is that leads to a police arrest will be rewarded with a $300 gift certificate to Neptune Mountaineering. Please call 303-499-8866 with any information. Thanks for your help."

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=596133753739587
Dave B wrote:And/or line thy helmet with tin foil and realize this is a freaking mountaineering website.

Steve Climber wrote:So that's your backpack, huh?

Re: !!! Shoplifter at Neptune !!!

Postby greenhorn1 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:46 pm

I would think somebody in the mountaineering community would be able to identify this guy.
Choose only one master - Nature. Rembrandt

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:58 pm

:wft:

If I spot this guy, I'll be sure to obtain more of his fingers. J/K!

What a douche

I wonder what shoes he left behind? Crocs?
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby Sugar Madison » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:03 pm

The douche canoe apparently didn't lose his balls to frostbite... pretty brazen move. Hope they catch him.

Postby jaymz » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Looks like rangerguy's stocking up for another Bierstadt expedition.

Postby USAKeller » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:27 pm

It could be Crocs, Birkenstocks, or Chacos in this town!

That's crazy.
How long after arriving at someone's house is it appropriate to ask for the WiFi password?

Postby Ed Matthews » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:47 pm

That does suck...I'm going to go out on a limb and say that those boots are more likely to be on eBay than on Everest right now....

Postby nyker » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:52 pm

One would figure a guy who could afford a trip to Everest could spend a grand on boots and not steal them. I'll be on the lookout, they would be hard to miss.

Postby unclegar » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:47 pm

I'm guessing he got his last pair of boots in mainland China. He probably got his fingers in the way when they were caning him. :roll:
...the mountain peaks belong to Him. -- PS 95:4

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Postby KyleS » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 pm

I'm not condoning this, but could this have something to do with the staff's notorious 'neptitude? Last time we were in there, all 10 employees were too preoccupied with each other to notice that we existed. We could have walked out with entire racks without disturbing them.

Fletch wrote:Neptune (or the new TX parent company)
And yeah, screw Texas.

Postby Steve Climber » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:29 pm

KyleS - I was thinking the same thing...Not that it makes him less of a douche, but maybe they train employees to keep an eye on folks that are trying on $1000 boots. I was in a few weeks ago trying on some salewa ice climbing boots and could have walked out at any time. Hard to think the cashier didn't notice either...those boots are no where near inconspicuous.

Postby DArcyS » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:17 am

It just seems so unfair that the revocation of REI's 100% satisfaction guaranteed policy is now forcing some people to take actions not consistent with the law. I mean, if people now have to pay for their stuff, what did you expect?

Next