Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Good Gps apps?

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Good Gps apps?

Postby FOLLOWtheHEIGHT » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:13 pm

GPS Essentials and Maverick are the two I use, and the one I pick at a particular time depends entirely on random chance. Both are good.

Postby Delorean_Man » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:46 am

I downloaded the GPS Essential and looks like a pretty good app. Ill give it a try this summer. Thanks for help!!
I would rather sit on a mountain and think about God than sit in church and think about the mountains.

Postby colokeith » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:50 pm

On iphone I use
NeotreksGPS -- Downside is subscription map service, upside they are really nice maps .. accurate and easier to read than any other gps / digital maps I have seen. Similar to Nat Geo TOPO maps

GPSKit -- Uses Open Topo / google terrain / bing shaded relief. Maps are downloadable for offline use. What I really like about this app is ease of importing GPX / KML.
To climb is to push yourself in a way you might not normally imagine is possible. If your stamina, skill, and luck are sound you will get to stand on top. ... I realized that with climbing, I'd found something that nourished my soul and could forge me into a better version myself - Jim Davidson

Previous