Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

unsure if I should even post this....

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: unsure if I should even post this....

Postby SilverLynx » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:54 pm

I think this thread has earned one of these...
Attachments
Goats.jpg
Goats.jpg (191.4 KiB) Viewed 220 times
"Find out who you are and be that person. That's what your soul was put on this Earth to be. Find that truth, live that truth and everything else will come."
~Ellen DeGeneres

"The only journey is the one within."
~Rainer Maria Rilke

Postby DaveSwink » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:02 pm

ChrisRoberts wrote:Besides that, I think keeping smoke out of peoples eyes is really the only consideration. That should just be the deal for anything, cigarettes, cigars, weed. Rock on earth brother

Chris, I agree that consideration for other people can be handled the same no matter what is being smoked, but what of the fire hazard aspect (again with whatever is smoking)? Smoking anything is prohibited in Boulder OSMP. Smoking regs in wilderness areas and national parks seems to vary with conditions.

Postby midwestcoast » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:09 pm

You're assuming I have a problem with pot. I only have a problem with being forced to smell it if its being smoked in a public area (and yes, this goes with all smoke), I never once said I have a problem with pot smokers, just having it around me. I even said its not a big deal, I wouldn't actually say anything to somebody in person, but since you brought up the topic, I was simply sharing my opinion in a friendly manner. Is that really that unreasonable ? I've only said reasonable, respectful things. You decided to PM me and call me names because I suggested that maybe I have the right to not inhale your pot. I really don't have any concern sharing with others in this forum how unreasonable you are if someone says something that you slightly disagree with.

Postby gdthomas » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:18 pm

evaunitross wrote:... While I am pleased that pot is now legal in CO, I am fully aware that it is completely illegal to smoke outside, and certainly illegal to smoke in national parks which of course are federal land...

To the OP: To clarify, the use of marijuana is legal in Colorado if you are at least 21 years of age and you possess an ounce or less. Colorado intends to regulate and tax marijuana in a manner similar to alcohol. According to the statute, you can not consume marijuana "openly or publically or in a manner that endangers others". That's not to say you can't smoke marijuana outside but I wouldn't smoke it at the Taste of Colorado. And given that the use of marijuana remains illegal at the federal level, I'm guessing national parks, wilderness, BLM land, ski areas and the like are a no-no as well.

Postby ChrisRoberts » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:25 pm

DaveSwink wrote:
ChrisRoberts wrote:Besides that, I think keeping smoke out of peoples eyes is really the only consideration. That should just be the deal for anything, cigarettes, cigars, weed. Rock on earth brother

Chris, I agree that consideration for other people can be handled the same no matter what is being smoked, but what of the fire hazard aspect (again with whatever is smoking)? Smoking anything is prohibited in Boulder OSMP. Smoking regs in wilderness areas and national parks seems to vary with conditions.

Unless one is a complete idiot, I'd bet most people who were smoking in the wilderness know better than be careless about their ashes...especially after last year. For the (small) fraction of wildfires caused by smoking, I'd assume the majority are caused by cigarettes finding their way on the side of the road rather than backpackers and hikers having some fun.

Fires caused by Coloradoans smoking weed seems like more of a joke for late night TV than a substantial risk. It reminds me of the fireworks ban in the national forest, most people just know thats a bad idea(even when they're drunk on the 4th of July) anyways.
Some rise, some fall, some climb to get to terrapin
Read all about my schemes and adventuring at NoCo Chris Latest TR: Laramie-Poudre Tunnel and UN 10060

Postby highpilgrim » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:30 pm

evaunitross wrote: That only matters if you are a 100% solidly law abiding citizen, which most peopple aren't. Again, j-walking is a "crime" too, but who gives a s**t?

A lawyer.
A cop.
A judge.
A preacher.
A (or some) combination of the four.
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Postby pills2619 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:33 pm

Now that I have the trolling out of my system I think that its really not that hard and way more enjoyable to step off the trail 30 feet and smoke a bowl to yourself. If below treeline that shouldn't bother anyone who doesn't like pot because you should be out of sight and if you get a whiff of it, that small amount should honestly not bother you. If above treeline, you should at least make an effort to step off the trail but sometimes its honestly really hard to be out of sight. So in that case non-smokers please be thankful that the smoker stepped off the trail and made an effort to not bother anyone else. If just the sight of it makes you that unhappy I still think you should chill out. And on top of that I think pot smokers are way more respectful than cigarette smokers when it comes to the wishes of others so please consider that the next time you have a hissy fit over some pot.
They forget that some crisis is necessary to hone skill. "Near misses," those brief encounters with the reality of mortality, are great learning tools if properly approached. -Denali Climbers Guidebook

Postby ChrisRoberts » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:48 pm

We need a late push of pot detractors to help get this thread into the HOF...
Some rise, some fall, some climb to get to terrapin
Read all about my schemes and adventuring at NoCo Chris Latest TR: Laramie-Poudre Tunnel and UN 10060

Postby SeracZack » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:49 pm

Picture this:
An unleashed dog, on a summit, smoking weed, and taking a crap.

Aaaaaannnndddd GO!
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
-Helen Keller

Postby gdthomas » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:52 pm

pills2619 wrote:... And on top of that I think pot smokers are way more respectful than cigarette smokers when it comes to the wishes of others so please consider that the next time you have a hissy fit over some pot.

Your comment that pot smokers are more respectful is lost on me when you consider the gross generalization you made earlier in this thread, i.e.,

pills2619 wrote:... If you are anti pot you are probably a douche bag and yes I'm incredibly serious about that...

Postby AjaPuppy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:56 pm

My attitude is the same as towards cigarettes. Honestly, I don't care if I can see you or not, it only bothers me if I can smell it. I shouldn't have to deal with your secondhand smoke, but hopefully that is just common sense.
There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothes.

" If there was a list of issues that our country needed to address right now, ordered by importance, gay marriage would be on the bottom of page 6 right after: Are we eating too much garlic as a people?"--Lewis Black

Postby Guitarzan » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:57 pm

What if C-A-T really spelled dog? 8)
"Pain don't hurt."- Patrick Swayze ROAD HOUSE

PreviousNext