Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Breakfast in Salida?

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Breakfast in Salida?

Postby Rcizzle » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:13 pm

I second the Pancake patio (I think it is one of the few places you can get breakfast), Quincy's is very good if you like steak and not variety, Eddyline in BV has a good brew. Also, Amica's has good pizza and the Boathouse has a good variety of entrees. I just about named every restaurant in Salida. My bad.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Postby COBuckeye » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:00 pm

Patio Pancake Place has all the typical breakfast fare. I have had most of it and have not found anything that I would not get again. However, the half order breakfast burrito is the best and you will be hard pressed to get more food for $5 anywhere. And the coffee is actually pretty good. Cafe Dawn is also very good, but a slightly smaller menu.

For dinner, do not miss Amica's if you like beer. They brew 5-6 of their own, and a few have won awards at Great American Beer Fest.

Postby wildlobo71 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:43 pm

Besides Amica's, which the beer lovers want to know about because they have some fairly decent brews (had their Oatmeal Stout the other night - very good;) I would recommend the Boathouse Cantina on the riverfront - they are fairly well tapped with local craft beers and good standards, and I think they have a really good menu - and they have some smoking waitresses if that's a consideration at all. Moonlight Pizza is also a really good slice. The Fritz is really good for smaller plates (or their standard Steak and Fries) and a real bar if you want something besides a limited on-tap selection of beer - something that is actually distilled. Bensons, Currents, The Vic - all good standard food and drink... sometimes a hit, sometimes a miss. Overall, I think Salida has one of the better mountain-town selections.

For breakfast, the Patio Pancake Place and Laughing Ladies for different reasons... they are both good, LL is more a brunch place, more expensive, but the atmosphere and menu may be more appreciated for casual Saturday or Sunday visits.
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby abqben56 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:32 am

COBuckeye wrote:For dinner, do not miss Amica's if you like beer. They brew 5-6 of their own, and a few have won awards at Great American Beer Fest.

Amica's was an Il Vicino once upon a time. Is it still the same beer?

Postby COBuckeye » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:28 am

Don't know, sorry

Postby Lemmiwinks » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:30 am

I'll add another recommendation for Patio Pancake. It's a pretty standard breakfast joint, but the food is really good at a reasonable price.

Lots of people will recommend Amica's for lunch or dinner, but I personally prefer Moonlight Pizza much more than Amica's. The only problem with Moonlight is that it's more of a summer place because the indoors seating is very limited in winter.
“If you're bumming out, you're not gonna get to the top, so as long as we're up here we might as well make a point of grooving." -Scott Fischer

Postby Matt » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:42 am

abqben56 wrote:Amica's was an Il Vicino once upon a time. Is it still the same beer?

To this day, Amica's seems to be a carbon copy of Il Vicino, except that the quality of both food and beer seems higher at Amicas to me.
The IPAs have similar flavor profiles, but I prefer Amica's by a good margin.
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List

Postby klinger » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:01 am

:iluvbeer:

thanks everyone!!!!

:bow:

Postby huffy13 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:17 am

dehrlich101 wrote:Country Bounty Restaurant
413 West Rainbow Boulevard, Salida right across the street from the Hot Springs.

Biscuits and gravy.. Nuff said.

+1 on this. Had breakfast there twice this last summer. Loved it. Good breakfast, decent prices, very nice folks working there.
Seems like the times that I need a mountain the most are the times that I can not get to them.

Previous