Forum
Your purchase of a synthetic or cotton shirt helps support 14ers.com. Thank you!

Other ways to help...

Anti-Festivus Airing of Non-Grievances

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Anti-Festivus Airing of Non-Grievances

Postby speth » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:05 am

Chicago Transplant wrote:Ohio has a measly 77 acres of Wilderness, for perspective, Cedar Point amusement part is over 350 acres, or more than 4 1/2 times the total size of all Wilderness in Ohio combined!

Your figure is totally misleading - at 350 acres, Cedar Point has an astonishing 22 acres per roller coaster located within the park. The only way you could make this better is to lessen the acreage of the park and see how many loops and vertical features they could add to each roller coaster to keep them fun.

I don't think you can put a true value on getting to ride Millenium Force or Mantis on a per arce ratio, though. For that I am thankful.
I'll be damned if I feel like I will ever know anything, but if we don't keep moving on that last hill, we'll never know what's on the other side.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The rain and thunder, the wind and haze are bound for better days. My life, my dream. Nothin's gonna stop me now.
[-X What are you insinuating? Do you think I'm Ranger? =; Because if you do than you are dead wrong.
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.
rage-quit mountaineer wrote:I give up. Bill, just delete my account.

Re: Anti-Festivus Airing of Non-Grievances

Postby 12ersRule » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:14 am

speth wrote:
Chicago Transplant wrote:Ohio has a measly 77 acres of Wilderness, for perspective, Cedar Point amusement part is over 350 acres, or more than 4 1/2 times the total size of all Wilderness in Ohio combined!

Your figure is totally misleading - at 350 acres, Cedar Point has an astonishing 22 acres per roller coaster located within the park. The only way you could make this better is to lessen the acreage of the park and see how many loops and vertical features they could add to each roller coaster to keep them fun.

I don't think you can put a true value on getting to ride Millenium Force or Mantis on a per arce ratio, though. For that I am thankful.

Haven't spent much time there, but

Previous