Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Where is the SNOW!!!

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Where is the SNOW!!!

Postby Peakjumper » Thu May 02, 2013 12:00 pm

Hardtack where is this Golf course In the last three month's here in the Springs I think we've gotten about 8-10"... Must not be in the actual city?

Postby EatinHardtack » Thu May 02, 2013 3:13 pm

Peakjumper wrote:Hardtack where is this Golf course In the last three month's here in the Springs I think we've gotten about 8-10"... Must not be in the actual city?

I actually start my snow total with the first snow of the season in the fall, unless it's before September 21st. Our first accumulating snow was on December 9th this past year. I'm on the southwest side of the Springs, The Broadmoor.
"In our youths our hearts were touched with fire" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Postby TallGrass » Thu May 02, 2013 4:33 pm

It's May, and the KC Royals game just got postponed after 3.5 innings due to SNOW. :wft: :shock: Too bad they couldn't get one more inning in as they had the lead. Might happen again tomorrow with the White Sox.
Not sure if I'll do more 14ers. The trip reports are too tiring. :wink:

Postby Dex » Thu May 02, 2013 4:52 pm

The snow is also melting - the AK river is up noticeably
Montani Semper Liberi
"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous." Barry Ritholtz

Postby JTOlson26 » Thu May 02, 2013 5:15 pm

Dex wrote:The snow is also melting - the AK river is up noticeably

Where is a good place to check the flow rate of the river around BV and when do they start reporting?

Postby rijaca » Thu May 02, 2013 5:36 pm

JTOlson26 wrote:
Where is a good place to check the flow rate of the river around BV and when do they start reporting?

http://stream-flow.allaboutrivers.com/Colorado/river_flow-sCO.html#2
"Spent a little time on the mountain
Spent a little time on the hill"

Postby Monster5 » Thu May 02, 2013 5:40 pm

Or here: http://waterwatch.usgs.gov/?m=real&r=co

But it works for the AR River. Check here for the AK rivers.

Postby Dex » Thu May 02, 2013 6:16 pm

JTOlson26 wrote:
Dex wrote:The snow is also melting - the AK river is up noticeably

Don't get too excited - I'd say it is up 8-10" from last week.

There were spots near BV that small rocks in the middle of the river that were barely covered last week.
Montani Semper Liberi
"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous." Barry Ritholtz

Postby JTOlson26 » Thu May 02, 2013 6:25 pm

Dex wrote:
Don't get too excited - I'd say it is up 8-10" from last week.

There were spots near BV that small rocks in the middle of the river that were barely covered last week.

Last June I took a group of kids from a summer camp rafting with American Adventures and I think Brown's was running at something ridiculously low like 400 cfs. Hopefully with these recent snows, June and July will be halfway respectable for the BV and Gorge area.

Postby clemsonmtneer » Thu May 02, 2013 9:28 pm

Loveland was incredible today... 24" storm total! Deepest snow I've skied in a quite a while... and in May. This spring has been a miracle given where we were earlier this season... not just for skiing, but for the drought situation especially... nice to see everything in the Denver area turning green.

Postby Dave B » Fri May 03, 2013 7:15 am

A-basin was pretty OK as well yesterday, despite every single resident of CO being there. East wall was tracked out within an hour of it opening.
"There is no cheating in climbing, only lying." - Semi-Rad

Postby Dex » Sun May 05, 2013 8:10 pm

Look like more snow is on the way.

Leadville's chance of precip. doesn't get below 40% until Sun.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Leadville+CO+USCO0235:1:US

Same for Salida

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Salida+CO+USCO0344:1:US
Montani Semper Liberi

PreviousNext