Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Real or Hooey?

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Real or Hooey?

Postby SilverLynx » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:42 pm

scalba123 wrote:I'm only familiar with the "real v. fake" argument. What is "hooey"?

It's basically the same thing as malarkey.
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby bigtrout » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:45 pm

I love the MonsterQuest and Hunting for Bigfoot type shows. But as a scientist, I'm skeptical about the existence of a large, undiscovered ape living in North America. With millions of automobiles, and millions of hunters, and millions of people who watch this type of show (me included!), you'd think a sasquatch would have been hit by a car, accidentally shot by a hunter, or photographed by now. I really hope that there's a Bigfoot, but I doubt it.
Be Nice; Take Care of Yourself; Work Hard - Stephen Gladbach's Three Rules

Postby bigtrout » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:47 pm

I thought there was a chupacabra running around Pueblo West, but it turned out to be a mangy coyote. I was bitterly bummed out.
Be Nice; Take Care of Yourself; Work Hard - Stephen Gladbach's Three Rules

Previous