Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Mountain/Beer Pairing (Free Beer Inside)

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Mountain/Beer Pairing (Free Beer Inside)

Postby pills2619 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:19 pm

Rainier on Rainier
They forget that some crisis is necessary to hone skill. "Near misses," those brief encounters with the reality of mortality, are great learning tools if properly approached. -Denali Climbers Guidebook

Postby zdero1 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:21 pm

Dunno if the peak determines my beer preference, but according to this sweet flow chart, a Dale's works best for me.

http://www.thedaily.com/article/2012/10/20/102012-wknd-food-beer-flowchart-bradley/

Postby lordhelmut » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:39 pm

+1 on Gordon's (Old C's can suck it, I'll never refer to as G'Knight). Whoever brewed that beer deserves a Lifetime Achievement Award. Any peak, anytime, breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Modus, Dank, Deviant, Happy Camper and Gordon will always have a place in my pack, no matter how far the pack in. When weighing my pack, I don't take in to consideration the beer weight, just how it is.

Also, the initial sip Mtnfiend and I enjoyed of GCB's Stand Up 2x IPA after an 11 hour ascent of Kiener's was arguably the single greatest sip of beer in our young lives. I can make that claim without his consultation with confidence.

Postby Wentzl » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:15 am

While not a coors fan, the urban myth is that the waterfall on the can is Twin Falls below Mt. Sneffels, so that seems a natural. Personally I prefer a Deviant Dales on top of El Diablo. Since I seem to be the only one responding from the western slope, shoot me over the Colorado Boy discount. It won't go to waste.

Previous