Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

The answer is NO!

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: The answer is NO!

Postby tlongpine » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:18 am

12ersRule wrote:Will a lynch mob solve anything?

Was anyone lynched? Is the Forest Service ignoring the complaints?
I am unable to walk away from the mountain without climbing it. An unclimbed mountain tugs at my consciousness with the eternal weight of time itself. Until I've pressed my face into it's alpine winds, hugged it's ancient granite walls, and put it's weathered summit beneath my heal I'm unable to resist it's attraction.Knowing nature gives the mountain more time than she gives us adds urgency to the obsession. As has been said before; the mountain doesn't care.

It can wait forever. I cannot.

Postby fleetmack » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:02 pm

If I set the facebook 14ers page to disable notifications so I can stop seeing pictures of people with signs atop 14ers, will it actually stop displaying notifications to me?
"Cynicism and ill-humored opinion have built a stronghold called the message board. Sweet mother of God, see a f***ing shrink, people."
--Corey Taylor

Postby Somewhat of a Prick » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:05 pm

fleetmack wrote:If I set the facebook 14ers page to disable notifications so I can stop seeing pictures of people with signs atop 14ers, will it actually stop displaying notifications to me?

BUT I SUMMITTED GRAYS AND YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT IT. :evil:

Postby scalba123 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:52 pm

fleetmack wrote:If I set the facebook 14ers page to disable notifications so I can stop seeing pictures of people with signs atop 14ers, will it actually stop displaying notifications to me?

You WILL receive pleasure from my laminated signs.

Postby J-RockandRockpile » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:01 pm

Sounds like you have a Facebook problem
I have been to the top of the mountain, and it is good

Postby alpinedivine » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:29 pm

Can one more person wear blue jeans on their 1st 14er? Oh, and can one more crazy person feed the marmots in Longs boulderfield? #-o

No!

Postby tlongpine » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:57 pm

alpinedivine wrote:Can one more person wear blue jeans on their 1st 14er? Oh, and can one more crazy person feed the marmots in Longs boulderfield? #-o

No!

Are you doing it right?
I am unable to walk away from the mountain without climbing it. An unclimbed mountain tugs at my consciousness with the eternal weight of time itself. Until I've pressed my face into it's alpine winds, hugged it's ancient granite walls, and put it's weathered summit beneath my heal I'm unable to resist it's attraction.Knowing nature gives the mountain more time than she gives us adds urgency to the obsession. As has been said before; the mountain doesn't care.

It can wait forever. I cannot.

Postby jkclark » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:48 pm

If I have out of state plates is it okay to stop in the right lane of I-70 and take pictures of a goat on the side of the road?

Postby Matt Lemke » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:29 pm

Howdy y'all I'm from Texas where all the boyz r thinkin' bout girls and beer...don't frekin' mess with me. I shot someone yesterday for tresspassin' on my propity. Clearly dey couldnt read da sign "Tresspassers will be shot....Survivors shot again" I'm plannin' a visit to climb one of thar 14ers thingies next week.....

Can I scale Culebra from da north?
Lemke Climbs
The Pacific Coast to the Great Plains = My Playground
"Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping"
"When you come to face what you fear, let the creator guide you"

Postby painless4u2 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:38 pm

So, like, I'm from, you know, Boulder and was wondering if me and my vegan friends could drive my Porsche Cayenne all the way up Como Road?
In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9

Bad decisions often make good stories.

"Well, that didn't go as expected." - Brett Maune

Postby Repeat Ascender » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:44 pm

Matt Lemke wrote:Howdy y'all I'm from Texas where all the boyz r thinkin' bout girls and beer...don't frekin' mess with me. I shot someone yesterday for tresspassin' on my propity. Clearly dey couldnt read da sign "Tresspassers will be shot....Survivors shot again" I'm plannin' a visit to climb one of thar 14ers thingies next week.....

Can I scale Culebra from da north?

Is Operation Dark Snake an easy way to get Culebra?

Postby bonehead » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:26 am

Matt Lemke wrote:Howdy y'all I'm from Texas

Is it PC to stereotype anyone other than Texans?

painless4u2 wrote:So, like, I'm from, you know, Boulder

Yippee ki-ay, motherfuer!

Edit;
Sorry Bill
Your filter did not catch that one.

PreviousNext