Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

VOTE: 14er Dance Off Champion!

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Who has earned the title: 14er Dance Off Champion?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:54 pm

MonGoose --- Shuffling on North Eolus.
20%
Semitrueskerm --- Creative dance moves on Snowmass Mountain.
32%
Mtn Geek's Wife --- Belly dancing on the summit of Mt Sherman.
9%
HarknessHooligans --- Dance party on Mt Lindsey.
18%
Speth --- Classic Charlie Brown on Humboldt Peak.
13%
RosietheSummiter --- Breaking it down on Redcloud & Sunshine Peak.
9%

Total votes : 104

VOTE: 14er Dance Off Champion!

Postby MonGoose » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:54 pm

Summer has come to an end and we've received 6 official entries for the 14er Dance Off Challenge. Now it's time for you to vote for your favorite dance video. Some videos featured tremendous talent (and some didn't), but in the end, there can only be one 14er Dance Off Champion. Voting will be open for two weeks and then a prize (TBD) will be awarded to the champion. Get out the vote!

The contestants (in the order they were received):

MonGoose --- Shuffling on North Eolus, the original challenge to all climbers for a summit Dance Off.

Semitrueskerm --- On the summit of Snowmass Mountain, featuring an endless stream of creative dance moves and the innovative use of a prop in a dance routine.

Mtn Geek's Wife --- Belly dancing on the summit of Mt Sherman in gale force winds.

HarknessHooligans + entourage --- Breaking it down on the summit of Mt Lindsey, featuring an all out dance party and an impossible toe touch.
This video masterpiece was featured on Fox's So You Think You Can Dance (but don't let that influence your voting).

Speth --- Old school performance of classic Charlie Brown moves on the summit of Humboldt Peak.

RosietheSummiter & friends --- Breaking it down on not one, but two summits: Redcloud & Sunshine

Thank you for taking the time to check out the videos and placing your vote. Special thanks to everyone who participated in the Dance Off.

The original Dance Off thread is located at: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36241
All videos can be viewed on the following YouTube playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5D8D687C89F11544

Re: VOTE: 14er Dance Off Champion!

Postby Johnson » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:34 pm

I don't dance and am no expert. I know John Travolta danced in "Pulp Fiction" and Napoleon Dynamite stole the vote for class president for Pedro and that's about it.

That said, I thought Mt Geek's wife did a nice job considering the conditions and Harness and Company had a lot of fun and while I am a huge fan of Charlie Brown Christmas and thought that was real fun and Mongoose's feet shuffled a nice platform on North Eolus and had some smooth moves, and I really liked Rosie and company... I'd have to vote for Semitrue....
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene

Postby jmc5040 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:02 pm

MonGoose, you really should have rocked the bikini top for this one, nice effort though!
"My senses become heightened and the stresses of life fade with each step I take further from civilization. When I'm in the wilderness my brain and body work seamlessly together to do their finest work - a single flowing track down one of natures high peaks." - Jeremy Jones

Postby zdero1 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:11 pm

Nice work to everyone involved!
Thoroughly enjoyed watching all the videos. Perhaps we can get a second round going? If I learn how to dance I'm in!

Postby SilverLynx » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:18 pm

zdero1 wrote:Nice work to everyone involved!
Thoroughly enjoyed watching all the videos. Perhaps we can get a second round going? If I learn how to dance I'm in!

I would be all for a second round. This is so funny and I'd like to do one too - I just couldn't get a film crew together in time for the deadline on this one!
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby MonGoose » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:14 pm

SilverLynx wrote: ... I just couldn't get a film crew together in time for the deadline on this one!

You mean a tripod?

Postby haybo01 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:12 pm

All were great, IMO, although RosietheSummiter & friends was my personal favorite. :-"

Postby glacierfox » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:11 pm

Great work by all! I think we may be missing one... I only remember because I was the one doing the shaky camera work. It was on one of the decalibron summits as I recall. Perhaps the lack editing or poor cinematography kept it from meeting the "official entry" bar?

None-the-less... these were certainly enjoyable to watch.

Postby Lemmiwinks » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:21 am

Semitrueskerm - negative points for the Thriller moves at the beginning.

Mtn Geek's wife - obviously the most actual dancing talent despite the winds.

HarknessHooligans - one too many dudes in the video.

Speth - most creative theme.

RosietheSummiter - clearly the highest production quality of all the videos.

All good efforts, however, everyone knows that the original of anything is always the best. Therefore, my vote goes to MonGoose (despite the fact that you probably took 3 ft off the elevation of North Eolus with that shuffle).
“If you're bumming out, you're not gonna get to the top, so as long as we're up here we might as well make a point of grooving." -Scott Fischer

Postby MonGoose » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:46 pm

After one week of voting, semitrueskerm is holding a steady lead but the race for 2nd place is in a dead heat. Only one more week of voting remains until we crown the Dance Off Champion. If you haven't voted yet, get on it! Today I put in an order for a custom trophy which would be a great compliment to anyone's trophy cabinet (or I might just keep it for myself). I will post a photo of the trophy on this thread as soon as it is completed.

Also,
glacierfox wrote:I think we may be missing one... I only remember because I was the one doing the shaky camera work. It was on one of the decalibron summits as I recall. Perhaps the lack editing or poor cinematography kept it from meeting the "official entry" bar? None-the-less... these were certainly enjoyable to watch.

Thank you glacierfox for pointing this out. Although the video did not make it through the preliminary elimination phase, it certainly deserves to be mentioned. Here is SSC_43 & friend on the summit of Mount Linclon.

Just in case you were wondering, daggering is also banned from the competition.

Postby Scotzman » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:06 pm

Unless I overlooked it, kinda disapointed we didn't get a little gangnam style dance going on; i mean, what's not to love? :D :lol:
Scotzman
Every man dies, not every man really lives.
What we do in life echoes in eternity.

Postby SilverLynx » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:09 pm

Scotzman wrote:Unless I overlooked it, kinda disapointed we didn't get a little gangnam style dance going on; i mean, what's not to love? :D :lol:

I definitely think it's in the cards if a Winter Dance-off is started. \:D/
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Next