Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Graffiti on Sherman - found Saturday

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Graffiti on Sherman - found Saturday

Postby moneymike » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:19 pm

tehchad wrote:Crap like "for XYZ girl, date, blah blah blah" makes me want to take the biggest dump there in the open. I haven't heard of goof-off, but I might look into that. Removal seems better than my idea.

Instead of removing it, I'd suggest adding to it. Make it read "For Katarina Beyal 9-7-12... is the date I had sex with your sister." Or how about adding "P.S. Katarina, this is what I actually think of you," and then take your dump. That might teach Casanova a lesson :twisted:
Last edited by moneymike on Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Theodore » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:23 pm

OneArmSteve wrote:
Message Sent to: cleanhouse​co@gmail.co​m

Your email has been sent. Thank you for contacting us - we will contact you
as soon as possible!

I didn't ask what the hourly would be on the job....but maybe he can comp it #-o

:lol:

Postby Theodore » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:25 pm

OneArmSteve wrote:he did write back...
Hello Matt,

Thank you for your email, I really did not think about it. It was defenetly an stupid thing to do. I understand someone already removed the rock. I guaranty will not happen again.

Regards,

Cesar

Kudos to him for acknowledging the issue, now he knows at least.

Postby climbingaggie03 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:38 pm

moneymike wrote:Has anyone noticed the graffiti in Manitou and on the Barr trail? I'm seeing r"star" yn on signs and rocks. Who is this clown?

I've noticed that too, it seems like every time I go up the barr trail I see it written somewhere else. I haven't noticed it anywhere past where the trail from the top of the incline meets the barr trail. Makes me think it's someone who runs the incline

Postby YooperJonKornely » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:38 pm

That is cool the guy admitted his mistake, and says it won't happen again. I don't think you must necessarily be "taught" this, seems more common sense, but oh well... ](*,)

Postby RosieTheSummiter » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:16 pm

He said someone already removed the rock - who removed the rock?
a. That rock was large - I doubt it was "removed." I cry BS until someone can confirm this.
b. That was only one of two graffitied rocks up there. Sounds like it might be a fine idea if he were to return and clean up rock #2 this weekend.
"Don't get mad, get altitude."

Postby chrismjx » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:04 pm

moneymike wrote:
tehchad wrote:Crap like "for XYZ girl, date, blah blah blah" makes me want to take the biggest dump there in the open. I haven't heard of goof-off, but I might look into that. Removal seems better than my idea.

Instead of removing it, I'd suggest adding to it. Make it read "For Katarina Beyal 9-7-12... is the date I had sex with your sister." Or how about adding "P.S. Katarina, this is what I actually think of you," and then take your dump. That might teach Casanova a lesson :twisted:

I like moneymike's idea, or even better, just making a bit of a game of it, and when you find one of these little "gems", see how far you can chuck it off the mountain! Not down the ascent route though.... Please don't start chucking rocks down ascent routes. :lol:

People aren't going to stop being stupid any time soon, so might as well make it known that its a waste of time and won't be preserved. Its like the carved-up aspen everywhere; why would you ruin a perfectly innocent tree with your stupid bullsh1t for future generations? I wonder how many of these people ever even return to see their handiwork...

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:11 pm

OneArmSteve wrote:
Hey Matt,

I tried to register on the website today, but looks like there's only some specific times to do it. Please apologize with all the people rightfully offended by my disconsidered behavior. It will not happen again, and in fact I am going to be active educating idiots like me.

I am glad the rock was removed.

Thank you for reaching out.

Regards,

Cesar

I just opened registration. I'm glad he owned up to it.
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby RosieTheSummiter » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:19 pm

I just opened registration. I'm glad he owned up to it.

Agreed. Thanks, Cesar, for acknowledging the issue.
"Don't get mad, get altitude."

Postby Mark A Steiner » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:22 pm

lackerstef wrote:Even if there is no register, take photos and leave. The dirt bag that signed his name on Grays works here: http://cleanhouseco.com/home How ironic is that. I should go etch my name on his house a long with a big "f you". But, maybe he just has a summit post I can sign?

Then again he cleans homes for a living so maybe I need to pay a visit to the projects.

Yes- tell whoever why you would trust someone to clean your house who plunders the 14ers with cheap street graffiti.

Then again, when you own up, healing begins.
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatever state I am, therewith to be content - Paul the Apostle.
Good day.

Postby ironman11 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:46 pm

lackerstef wrote:Even if there is no register, take photos and leave. The dirt bag that signed his name on Grays works here: http://cleanhouseco.com/home How ironic is that. I should go etch my name on his house a long with a big "f you". But, maybe he just has a summit post I can sign?

Then again he cleans homes for a living so maybe I need to pay a visit to the projects.

Round up is a great way to sign your name in somebody's lawn.

Postby lackerstef » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:33 pm

I'll admit it is good he fessed up. But I guess I still don't see how that seemed ok? It's not the worst thing you could do but it is pretty bone-headed.

PreviousNext