Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Help With Business Name

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Help With Business Name

Postby brendanmagee13 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:31 pm

I'm not going to try and come up with any good business names for you because I'm not the most creative person. I will however give you a piece of advice a friend once gave me. When naming a business, always think of the worst thing that can be associated with it, such as something that makes the name easy to make fun of.

Postby tmathews » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:32 pm

Colorado Unlimited Natural Therapy :-"

Postby tommyboy360 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:49 pm

Conundrum Counseling - Don't miss out. Every name counts.
“It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Postby JA_son27 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:49 pm

"Sastrugi Counseling Services"
"Brocken Spectre Counseling" or "Mountain Spectre Counseling" (Slightly spooky)
"Big Wall Counseling"
"Bomb-Proof Anchor Counseling Services"
"Col Counseling"
"Verglas Counseling"
"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."
Matt 25:40

Postby Jesse M » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:10 pm

I like the suggestion by Nyker; "Elevations".

I also think something like "Basecamp" could be a good name. "from here all is possible".

Postby ColoradoGuy » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:19 pm

THE CONTEST IS OVER!!! :)

I went with Cairn Counseling. It's simple, unique and it matches my personality. http://www.cairncounseling.net (Nothing there yet.) I can use some
images of cairns and have a page that explains what they are. It'll be easy to connect it to matters of life and therapy.

MonGoose, I already send you a private message, but beer or food or a free ride to the trailhead or whatever is on me the next time you hike a boring Sawatch 14er. ;)

Now, I can't share my thoughts to every suggestion, but I wanted to mention a few:

Mount Hope Counseling - That was a great idea. You had me thinking with that one. The problem is there are already thousands of businesses named Mount Hope something. Also, there are towns named Mount Hope. It's not original enough. Plus, it still has a sappy, warm-fuzzy feeling that I don't want. :)

Peak Counseling Services - Excellent idea. Yes, nobody has that exact business name. Also the .com was available. My problem with it was it sounded too general and boring. I'm a unique guy. I want something that stands out.

Elevations - This was a good one. The next bar in Buena Vista should use that name! (But I'll pass for a counseling biz name.)

Gendarme Counseling - I had given this one some thought before I posted this thread. Nice idea. However, after doing some research, it appears the word "gendarme" also means a French cop in French... and it tends to have a derogatory connotation.

So many other good names, so little time to comment on them. And the humorous ones... You had me cracking up!

Thanks again. If you ever need help or support from a BV local with your hikes, you can always contact me.

All the best, Steve
Last edited by ColoradoGuy on Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby its_not_a_tuba » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:23 pm

tmathews wrote:Colorado Unlimited Natural Therapy :-"

I see what you did there.
"Wilderness settles peace on the soul because it needs no help. It is beyond human contrivance." -- E.O. Wilson

Postby Presto » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:31 pm

by its_not_a_tuba » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:23 pm

tmathews wrote:Colorado Unlimited Natural Therapy :-"

I see what you did there.

:shock: :lol: 8) :wink:
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM

Postby MonGoose » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:34 pm

ColoradoGuy wrote:THE CONTEST IS OVER!!! :)

I went with Cairn Counseling. It's simple, unique and it matches my personality. http://www.cairncounseling.net (Nothing there yet.) I can use some
images of cairns and have a page that explains what they are. It'll be easy to connect it to matters of life and therapy.

MonGoose, I already send you a private message, but beer or food or a free ride to the trailhead or whatever is on me the next time you hike a boring Sawatch 14er. ;)

\:D/ Thank you very much ColoradoGuy. I hope your endeavor is a great success and has a life changing impact on the people you encounter.

Postby tmathews » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:36 pm

I went with Cairn Counseling. It's simple, unique and it matches my personality. http://www.cairncounseling.net (Nothing there yet.) I can use some images of cairns and have a page that explains what they are. It'll be easy to connect it to matters of life and therapy.

Sweet. Good name! Maybe you can use her for a mascot. ;) http://14ers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26318&hilit=&start=12#p309752

ETA: Best of luck with your business endeavor! =D>

Postby ColoradoGuy » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:05 pm

tmathews wrote:

I went with Cairn Counseling. It's simple, unique and it matches my personality. http://www.cairncounseling.net (Nothing there yet.) I can use some images of cairns and have a page that explains what they are. It'll be easy to connect it to matters of life and therapy.

Sweet. Good name! Maybe you can use her for a mascot. ;) http://14ers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26318&hilit=&start=12#p309752

ETA: Best of luck with your business endeavor! =D>

Mascot? Ha ha. :) By the way, I also liked your idea of Top of the Rockies Counseling. NOBODY has that business name. The problem with it is I may be moving in the next 12 months to Las Vegas, Nevada, and my research indicated that the mountains in Nevada aren't considered part of the Rocky Mountains. Anyway...

Location: Way Up High In The Mountains (On The Alpine Loop) And Down By The Sea (In San Clemente)

Postby San Juan Ron » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:06 pm

"Too general & boring" -- I resemble that remark! That's why I was a Finance & Ops guy, not Sales & Mktg. Good luck! SJ Ron

PreviousNext