Forum
Your purchase of a synthetic or cotton shirt helps support 14ers.com. Thank you!

Other ways to help...

Early Festivus Thread - The Airing Of Grievances

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Early Festivus Thread - The Airing Of Grievances

Postby jaymz » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:16 am

I scored a 4, which means I'm better than most of you. \:D/

(And I enjoy solo hikes)

EDIT: Another grievance: Young men, please wear your pants around your waist, not the middle of your thighs.
Last edited by jaymz on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnowAlien » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:26 am

davey_rocket wrote:City grievances

1. Sweatpants that say "PINK" across the arse that are some color other than pink. Usually acompanied by Uggs and lot's of "OMG's," "really's" and "like's"

PINK actually refers to a clothing brand sold at Victoria's Secret stores. The garment itself may or may not be pink. :)
Last edited by SnowAlien on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
It has frequently been noticed that all mountains appear doomed to pass through the three stages: An inaccessible peak - The most difficult ascent in the Alps - An easy day for a lady. Albert Frederick Mummery, My Climbs in the Alps and Caucasus

Postby Mel McKinney » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:46 am

nkan02 wrote:

1. Sweatpants that say "PINK" across the arse that are some color other than pink. Usually acompanied by Uggs and lot's of "OMG's," "really's" and "like's"

PINK actually refers to a clothing brand sold at Victoria's Secret stores. The garment itself may or may not be pink. :)

Ha! I was going to reply "an overpriced brand of cheesy sweatpants!" :D

My grievances include telemarketers (I get the calls at work. Apparently we are NOT on a no-call list).
People who claim to be "discussing a point," when really all they're doing is telling you what view you should have and how stupid you are for not having it!
Mountains cast spells on me - Why, because of the way Earth-heaps lie, should I be Chocked by joy mysteriously; stilled or drunken-gay? Why should a brown hill trail Tug at my feet to go? Why should a boggy swale Tune my heart to a nameless tale Mountain marshes know?
--- Belle Turnbull ("Mountain-Mad")

"Nothing is so embarrassing as watching someone do something that you said couldn't be done."
---Sam Ewing

Postby Dave B » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:54 am

nkan02 wrote:

I understand that - it just seems silly to me to have the word "PINK" in giant letters across the ass of blue pants.

The other possibility is that I'm over-thinking it...

My vote is for the later.
The mountains - whose summits reach or exceed arbitrary thresholds for elevation and prominence - are calling and I must go.

-John Muir

Postby sgladbach » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:58 am

I thought I might be narcissistic; then I realized I'm too perfect for that.

My peeve: Those less perfect than me (i.e. Bean.)
"We knocked the bastard off." Hillary, 1953
"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves." Hillary, 2003
Couldn't we all use 50 years of humble growth?

Postby Mel McKinney » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:43 am

davey_rocket wrote:
nkan02 wrote:

I understand that - it just seems silly to me to have the word "PINK" in giant letters across the ass of blue pants.

It's kind of silly to have "Juicy" across your butt too, but I guess whatever sells sweatpants. :D
Mountains cast spells on me - Why, because of the way Earth-heaps lie, should I be Chocked by joy mysteriously; stilled or drunken-gay? Why should a brown hill trail Tug at my feet to go? Why should a boggy swale Tune my heart to a nameless tale Mountain marshes know?

"Nothing is so embarrassing as watching someone do something that you said couldn't be done."
---Sam Ewing

Postby Greenhouseguy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:54 am

Mel McKinney wrote:It's kind of silly to have "Juicy" across your butt too, but I guess whatever sells sweatpants. :D

If we're not supposed to objectify women by looking at their butts, why do they use them as billboards to advertise a product? :-k
"May your boulder be your blessing." - Aron Ralston

Postby Doug Shaw » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:23 pm

My grievances:

Threads that have nothing at all to do with climbing and therefore should be moved to Off-Route.

Also, Festivus.

Postby Papillon » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:35 pm

Front Range Heroes

The look in his eyes when it hit - Kid, it was tasty... - William Seward Burroughs

Postby Mel McKinney » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:47 pm

silverlynx wrote:
Greenhouseguy wrote:
Mel McKinney wrote:It's kind of silly to have "Juicy" across your butt too, but I guess whatever sells sweatpants. :D

If we're not supposed to objectify women by looking at their butts, why do they use them as billboards to advertise a product? :-k

Meh, guys are looking there whether there's a word on your butt or not. Might as well advertise something with it, right? :roll:

Maybe sell advertising space versus paying the manufacturer. #-o

What was this thread about... Oh yeah, Festivus or narcolepsy or something...

---Sam Ewing

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:55 pm

silverlynx wrote:
Greenhouseguy wrote:

Meh, guys are looking there whether there's a word on your butt or not. Might as well advertise something with it, right? :roll:

Hard to argue with that

Postby coloradokevin » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:19 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:I think most bike/car incidents are caused by bikers wearing spandex. There has to be a better clothing option. :-k

That's funny.

At the risk of offending some of this site's road biking contingent, I will say that my girlfriend simply refers to road bikers as "road clowns", thanks to their ridiculous and colorful spandex clothing choices :)

And, for those who are offended by that statement, just wait until you run into me in the mountains on a cold morning, sporting my least fashionable long underwear under shorts wardrobe!

PreviousNext