Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Early Festivus Thread - The Airing Of Grievances

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Early Festivus Thread - The Airing Of Grievances

Postby unclegar » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:12 pm

metalmountain wrote:Summit registers like this haha?...
Just kidding...I know it is important. And yes, everyone should have a cosar card if they don't have a hunting/fishing license.

i know, right. seriously, i agree with signing in @ the TH and summits in case that might be a help in an emergency situation. i also agree with supporting CORSAR and have a 5-year card.

one pet peeve i have is people using to instead of too and than instead of then and omitting things like capital letters and punctuation like periods

and pink font :D
...the mountain peaks belong to Him. -- PS 95:4

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Postby Gahugafuga » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:15 pm

scalba123 wrote:
silverlynx wrote:
Johnson wrote:- Colorado drivers or anyone else driving in Colorado
- The now over used pointless phrases such as:
..........."I know, right?"
..........."Just sayin' "
..........."Really?"... (in that way that people now say it).

I feel much better now.

"That's what she said!"

"It is what it is,"

I could care less.

Postby Bean » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:21 pm

Had to call out Wildsnow for a particularly annoying grammatical error today, using "loose" instead of "lose."

Postby jpfeif001 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:26 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:
highpilgrim wrote:People that take a dump right next to a trail/trailhead and think because they put a little rock over it that it's ok. Most of the time there's paper sticking out from under it too.

Pretty foul and inconsiderate.

I'd like to add this one to my list also. Nasty. One time I was coming down the Mt. Antero road (near 11,500') and came up on a dude crapping in the middle of the 4WD road! Seriously, in the middle of the road. Paper galore :-&

I came across a steamer right in the middle of the Narrows on Longs. Its called the Narrows for a reason, that just adds to the danger of now having to step around said steamer. Thats the kind of stuff I don't ever want to see, especially while in the mountains.
The spaces between is where I reside, In the moment is where I live, and my family and friends are who I love.

Postby Waggs » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:29 pm

unclegar wrote:
one pet peeve i have is people using to instead of too and than instead of then and omitting things like capital letters and punctuation like periods

Working on becoming the the next e. e. cummings are you?

Waggs
Gloves are optional. Mittens mandatory - S. Gladbach

Postby Dave B » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:31 pm

City grievances

1. Sweatpants that say "PINK" across the arse that are some color other than pink. Usually acompanied by Uggs and lot's of "OMG's," "really's" and "like's"
2. Pedestrians who step into the bike lane without even a slight consideration for the fact that a collision with a 230 lb man on his bike would end badly for the both of them
3. The return of 80's fashions

Yes, I work on a college campus, thus the origin of all of my grievances
No one cares that you don't like hoppy beers.

Postby fleetmack » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:47 pm

1) cyclists running red lights (i am a HUGE share the road advocate, but 99% of cyclists i see seem to think it means "share the road with me, then i can act however i want while on the road"... it works both ways)

2) the words "epic" and "fail" ... all the worse when someone uses them together. Mr. Maddox sums it up nicely ... http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=epic

3) red light cameras (you may have seen me on the CBS 4 news a couple weeks ago whining about these - http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/11/03/denver-collects-fines-on-drivers-who-stop-at-red-lights/)
"Cynicism and ill-humored opinion have built a stronghold called the message board. Sweet mother of God, see a f***ing shrink, people."
--Corey Taylor

Postby its_not_a_tuba » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:51 pm

davey_rocket wrote:Sweatpants that say "PINK" across the arse that are some color other than pink. Usually acompanied by Uggs and lot's of "OMG's," "really's" and "like's"

I do not think the word pink is referring to the color of the wording, just FYI.
"Wilderness settles peace on the soul because it needs no help. It is beyond human contrivance." -- E.O. Wilson

Postby jpfeif001 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:01 pm

fleetmack wrote:1) cyclists running red lights (i am a HUGE share the road advocate, but 99% of cyclists i see seem to think it means "share the road with me, then i can act however i want while on the road"... it works both ways)

2) the words "epic" and "fail" ... all the worse when someone uses them together. Mr. Maddox sums it up nicely ... http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=epic

3) red light cameras (you may have seen me on the CBS 4 news a couple weeks ago whining about these - http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/11/03/denver-collects-fines-on-drivers-who-stop-at-red-lights/)

I absolutely despise the City of Denver. Their laws are ridiculous, the police department is sketchy at best (even though I have a friend who is a denver cop), cops killing people in their own homes when it was the wrong home in the first place, beating people, etc. This red light, stopping just over the white line thing just adds to the crap they continue to pull. So much for freedoms and allowances for minor mistakes.
The spaces between is where I reside, In the moment is where I live, and my family and friends are who I love.

Postby d_baker » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:24 pm

First of all, the Festivus episode has got to be one of the best from the Seinfeld days!

A few grievances I have:
-technology that allows users to post on the forum from the TH and summits
-trench poachers that in turn brag about their times and claim to be alpinists
-TR's that do not have breaks/paragraphs in the text to break it up a bit

Postby DaveSwink » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:29 pm

:-k I'll bite. Trench poachers?

Postby jpfeif001 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:35 pm

I am curious too, what is a Trench Poacher? :-k

PreviousNext