What are you reading?

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
steelfrog
Trip Reports (0)

Re: What are you reading?

Post by steelfrog »

Gerry Roach's 2 memoirs (and his recently issued e-book).
bad andy
14ers: 55  1 
13ers: 17
Trip Reports (1)

Post by bad andy »

Just finished "Three Weeks With My Brother" by Nicholas Sparks
It's a true story about Nicholas Sparks' 3 week trip around the world with his brother, intertwined with some of the ordeals they have lived through.
Very good book.
Presto
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 308 21
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Presto »

Alone in the Wilderness ... :D

http://www.aloneinthewilderness.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM
Mel McKinney
14ers: 29 
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Mel McKinney »

"Lamb" by Christopher Moore. Wanted to read this for years and saw a copy at the Thrifty Store.
Mountains cast spells on me - Why, because of the way Earth-heaps lie, should I be Chocked by joy mysteriously; stilled or drunken-gay? Why should a brown hill trail Tug at my feet to go? Why should a boggy swale Tune my heart to a nameless tale Mountain marshes know?
--- Belle Turnbull ("Mountain-Mad")
ColoradoLawDobe
14ers: 34 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ColoradoLawDobe »

Agency, Conflicts, Commercial Paper, Oil and Gas, Admin Law, Ethics...bleh!
San Juan Ron
14ers: 39 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by San Juan Ron »

I Hauled These Mountains In Here

Frances and Dorothy Wood

This is one interesting book if you are interested in the history of the Southwestern Colorado Mountains. SJ Ron =D>
"The mountains are calling and I must go" -- Muir
Girlslovesnow
14ers: 5  2 
13ers: 4 3
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Girlslovesnow »

Where the Mountain Casts its Shadow: The Dark Side of Extreme Adventure - Maria Coffey
"I wish people would quit telling me I can do anything I want. I never thought I couldn't"
Guitarzan
14ers: 4 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Guitarzan »

"Blind Descent: The Quest To Discover The Deepest Place on Earth" by James Tabor. Very good book about two teams of researchers who set out to discover the deepest cave on earth. The author described it as "Imagine Mt. Everest in reverse." Really good read.
"Pain don't hurt."- Patrick Swayze ROAD HOUSE
Mindy
14ers: 14 
13ers: 25 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Mindy »

Savage Summit: The True Stories of the First Five Women Who Climbed K2, the World's Most Feared Mountain by Jennifer Jordan
Fairlight
14ers: 2 
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Fairlight »

Last edited by Fairlight on Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
NickJ
14ers: 57  1 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (0)

Post by NickJ »

Savage summit was fantastic. I'm reading Empire of the Summer Moon.
orionthvi
14ers: 58 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (0)

Post by orionthvi »

ezsuperkev's copy of High Exposure (Breashears)
Maybe I'll get it back to him after having it on loan for something like 2 years now!