Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Music

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Music

Postby SilverLynx » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:42 pm

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby Doug Shaw » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:00 pm

Now we're talking. Image

Postby Matt » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:03 pm

Some of the greatest things I've never heard of come out of my buddy Kevin's ipod during drives to/from the mountains.
This band is awesome. How can you go wrong with banjo, fiddle, and beatbox? Gal's got quite a voice, too.

We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List

Postby wildlobo71 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:36 pm

Matt wrote:Some of the greatest things I've never heard of come out of my buddy Kevin's ipod during drives to/from the mountains.
This band is awesome. How can you go wrong with banjo, fiddle, and beatbox? Gal's got quite a voice, too.

Damn, I love the CCD's! Aside from all the Tom Waits drops, this is awesome.
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby FireOnTheMountain » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:02 pm

Band kinda similar to the one just mentioned. Andyouseeme introduced me to them. I like their originality

Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the CO

Postby SilverLynx » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:19 am

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby FireOnTheMountain » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:20 pm

Ya B thom, good call

Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the CO

Postby Brian Thomas » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:37 pm

FireOnTheMountain wrote:Ya B thom, good call

I am mentally stuck in the year 1975. Unfortunately, this youtube vid will not embed, so you'll have to open link in new window. This song has it ALL, the clothes, the hair, the mustache, the heroin, the stage presence (orange stage surrounded by incandescent light bulbs)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM7zb5FMmLM
"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them" - Bob Dylan

Postby I Man » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:57 am

OneArmSteve wrote:A really good band I would suggest checking out if you are into this kind of music (jam bands)...... Tea Leaf Green

I've seen them a few times...sure, they are fun, but I've never really gotten into them. I've heard that (like with most), you've just gotta catch the right show.

Speaking of "right show," I've been thinking of posting "I-Man" in the near future 8)
You can touch the void, just don't fall into it.

"I fly a starship across the universe divide....and when I reach the other side...I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a Mountain Man again.

Postby I Man » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:11 am

They made up for last year's awful "Home Again" by doing a fairly solid encore version on Fri night.

Baller I-Man on Friday night and then finished it during Day set Saturday. I was a happy camper :D

Still filled with thousands of youngins that ask "Who are the Disco Biscuits," but VIP tickets and some solid sets made it a good time overall.

"I fly a starship across the universe divide....and when I reach the other side...I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a Mountain Man again.

Postby I Man » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:32 am

Well...certainly terrible quality...and some stupid hippie is dancing with an umbrella in the way...but anywayyyy..

Over it goes I'm breaking through
I've got my gun in my hand
I-Man's out and on the loose
Now that it's time to take my stand 8)

Postby Brian Thomas » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:37 pm

Cleveland's finest export, the Raspberries, singing the best anthem of summertime ever recorded.
raspberries.jpg
raspberries.jpg (48.62 KiB) Viewed 180 times
"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them" - Bob Dylan

PreviousNext