Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Music

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Music

Postby SilverLynx » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:58 pm

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby SilverLynx » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:46 pm

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby 12ersRule » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:32 pm

SilverLynx wrote:'Scuse me while I kiss the sky! 8)

Growing up, I always thought the lyrics were:

"Acted funny, but I don't know why. Excuse me while I kiss this guy".

Here's my I-70 go-to music:

Postby SilverLynx » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:54 pm

Story of my life...........

~Nelson Mandela

~Steve Jobs

Postby AlexMack » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:52 am

I've been digging hard on this guys mashups lately - super fun to listen to, big crowd pleaser if you're having a party. You can get all his stuff for free off his site at http://www.waxaudio.com.au/
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment." - Evan Hardin

Postby bpko » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:28 am

This video has win written all over it. Awesome song by an awesome band, with hilarious video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUaCxx5npko&feature=related

Ugh, sorry for the link and no embedded video. I tried the YouTube Video feature but just got blankness. Anyone know how to properly embed the video?
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "Sir," without adding, "you're making a scene."

Postby Mtn Geek » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:13 pm

Dancing on Green Mountain!

Postby AlexMack » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:08 pm

bpko wrote:This video has win written all over it. Awesome song by an awesome band, with hilarious video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUaCxx5npko&feature=related

Ugh, sorry for the link and no embedded video. I tried the YouTube Video feature but just got blankness. Anyone know how to properly embed the video?

There is a box on the reply page that says YouTubeVideo, click it. In between the dual brackets, copy and paste not the entire url of the video page in question, but everything after the "watch?v=" which every youtube video has. You can also test this (and any post on here) first by clicking the preview button under the text box on the reply page, and you can see if it went through right before you submit your post to the page.
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment." - Evan Hardin

Postby Oman » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:01 pm

Postby Brian Thomas » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:59 pm

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them" - Bob Dylan

Postby FireOnTheMountain » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:06 pm

Nice Brian, why am I reminded of this group from your song?

Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the CO

Postby SilverLynx » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:08 am

Heard this on the radio on our way to the Quandary trailhead the other day. Good song:

~Nelson Mandela

~Steve Jobs

PreviousNext