Forum
Your purchase of a synthetic or cotton shirt helps support 14ers.com. Thank you!

Other ways to help...

Music

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Music

Postby Mountainspirit » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:32 pm

tbaileymd wrote:
trainwreck wrote:
tbaileymd wrote:I couldn't really do my workouts here in Indiana without the iPod. But out in Colorado, the only things I really want to hear on the trail are nature, and my own footsteps.

what part of indiana are you from? im from noblesville

Originally from Richmond, living in Tell City (on the Ohio River between Evansville and Louisville).
I've been to quite a few good concerts in Noblesville.

Aaaahhh. I love Deer Creek. It was my favorite outdoor venue (until being blindsided by Red Rocks!! :shock: ). I saw the Dead many times there before (and on the eve of) the gate crashers - unfortunate (the gate crashers, that is).

I miss Jerry!! I'll listen to him before heading out on a 14er - lifts my spirits!!
"I sang out from a mountain top, out to the valley down below
Because my cup doth overflow
With the beauty of the days gone by." - Van Morrison

Postby trainwreck » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:37 am

its a nice venue, they just dont do concerts i like
"all that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream"

"Rather than love, than money, than fame; give me truth"

Postby tdon25 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:44 pm

Nah, no tunes for me on the trail. If I'm with somebody it's rude. If I'm solo, I absolutely prefer the solitude and quiet, at least as much as possible.

Postby unclegar » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:52 pm

George James wrote:I don't even own an Ipod or a phone that plays music, I just hear that song like yeah, over and over again in my head like yeah.

I also don't own an ipod but I do hike to a song (in my head) that suits my intended pace to help me keep a steady pace when hiking alone.
...the mountain peaks belong to Him. -- PS 95:4

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Postby Flatland14er » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:00 pm

No iPod, but I once got a Fu-Shnickens song stuck in my head for the entire trip across the sawtooth and most of the way up Evans. I almost threw myself off the edge to make it stop.
The world can't weigh you down when you're standing on top of it!

Postby Shawnee Bob » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:04 pm

Flatland14er wrote:No iPod, but I once got a Fu-Shnickens song stuck in my head for the entire trip across the sawtooth and most of the way up Evans. I almost threw myself off the edge to make it stop.

Oh my. That kind of crap happens to me all the time. I make it stop by listening to hard core death metal all the way up. It drowns out all that nature crap and gets me in the mood for marmot punting.
Because life's too short to be an indoor cat.

http://proactiveoutside.wordpress.com/

Postby trainwreck » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:51 pm

Shawnee Bob wrote:
Flatland14er wrote:No iPod, but I once got a Fu-Shnickens song stuck in my head for the entire trip across the sawtooth and most of the way up Evans. I almost threw myself off the edge to make it stop.

Oh my. That kind of crap happens to me all the time. I make it stop by listening to hard core death metal all the way up. It drowns out all that nature crap and gets me in the mood for marmot punting.

+1
DUDE, i punted possums all the time in indiana, there wasnt much else to do, but its so much fun
"all that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream"

"Rather than love, than money, than fame; give me truth"

Postby Doug Shaw » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:36 pm

I once had "March from the River Kwai" running through my head regularly for about 6 months. It would appear almost every hike, while driving, while working, you name it. It was amusing during the hikes, but damned frustrating other times.

Postby George James » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:35 am

- A mountain is not a checkbox to be ticked
- Alpinism and mountaineering are not restricted to 14,000 foot mountains
- Judgment and experience are the two most important pieces of gear you own
- Being honest to yourself and others about your abilities is a characteristic of experienced climbers
- Courage cannot be bought at REI or carried with you in your rucksack
~ The Baron Von Bergschrund

Postby JoeyJ » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:29 pm

One word = Boney M.

The most talented musical group out of England since the Beatles. THe guy's dance moves rival Michael Jackson, and his voice is Sinatra-esque. Check out the hilarious bell bottoms and white suit he has on about 50 secs into this vid:

And of course Brown Girl in the Ring, what Joe about died to:

You're not having a mountain, or near death, experience without Boney M. ;)
Tra La La La La
The reason mountain climbers are tied together is to keep the sane ones from going home! ;)

Postby mtgirl » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:09 pm

OH NO ! #-o Last time someone posted about Boney M, it took me two months to get that damn tune out of my head. Now I fear it's gonna be with me forever !!!
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

Postby JoeyJ » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:13 pm

Yeah really!
I checked out a few of their numbers and I could not stop laughing at the dance moves all the way thru 'Daddy Cool' !! There should be laws against this :!:

And I now know where the Atlanta Braves got their trademark tomahawk chop from!
-
The reason mountain climbers are tied together is to keep the sane ones from going home! ;)

PreviousNext