Forum
Your purchase of a synthetic or cotton shirt helps support 14ers.com. Thank you!

Other ways to help...

Music

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Music

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:35 pm

Lstening to some great music after a great day of climbing....

Enjoy! :-D :-D :-D

Postby Kiefer » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:27 pm

Postby Jesse M » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:43 pm

This is starting to grow on me

"What we get from this adventure is just sheer joy."

"Obviously you're not a golfer."

Postby FireOnTheMountain » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:15 pm

For all the Pikes Peakers and Leadvilleers! Run Hard, Run Strong!!!
Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the CO

Postby Kiefer » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:42 pm

Brand spanking new Front Line Assembly!!!!!
Known throughout the underground scene as the godfathers of electronic. Been waiting MONTHS for this!
...And it doesn't disappoint. :YY

Postby oldschoolczar » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:35 pm

Haha.. I promised myself I wouldn't post in this thread anymore, but had to post this one.

What an AMAZING chorus.. just makes me want to run for the hills and leave everything in the city behind. Somebody posted a climbing video (on here I think) that had this song in it and it's such a powerful chorus..

"Tonight I'll shave the mountain
I'll cut the hearts from pharoahs"
-Tom Waits

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:54 pm

Just some good ol rock n blues from a couple of good ol guitar players - Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton...

Postby mountainjam » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:12 am

Here we go again, can't wait for tonight!

The future is no place to place your better days. - Dave Matthews

Postby SilverLynx » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:53 pm

"Mountains seem to answer an increasing imaginative need in the West. More and more people are discovering a desire for them, and a powerful solace in them. At bottom, mountains, like all wildernesses, challenge our complacent conviction - so easy to lapse into - that the world has been made for humans by humans. Most of us exist for most of the time in worlds which are humanly arranged, themed and controlled. One forgets that there are environments which do not respond to the flick of a switch or the twist of a dial, and which have their own rhythms and orders of existence. Mountains correct this amnesia. By speaking of greater forces than we can possibly invoke, and by confronting us with greater spans of time than we can possibly envisage, mountains refute our excessive trust in the man-made. They pose profound questions about our durability and the importance of our schemes. They induce, I suppose, a modesty in us."
― Robert Macfarlane

Postby Beto » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:00 pm

Postby SilverLynx » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:19 am

Seems appropriate for today:

"Mountains seem to answer an increasing imaginative need in the West. More and more people are discovering a desire for them, and a powerful solace in them. At bottom, mountains, like all wildernesses, challenge our complacent conviction - so easy to lapse into - that the world has been made for humans by humans. Most of us exist for most of the time in worlds which are humanly arranged, themed and controlled. One forgets that there are environments which do not respond to the flick of a switch or the twist of a dial, and which have their own rhythms and orders of existence. Mountains correct this amnesia. By speaking of greater forces than we can possibly invoke, and by confronting us with greater spans of time than we can possibly envisage, mountains refute our excessive trust in the man-made. They pose profound questions about our durability and the importance of our schemes. They induce, I suppose, a modesty in us."
― Robert Macfarlane

Postby jrs1965 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:22 pm

Good tune and an excellent choice for anybody still searching for an idea for the 2013 Dance 14er's Off...

PreviousNext