Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Music

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Music

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:40 pm

Postby tommyboy360 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:58 am

SOOTHE MY SOUL. Depeche Mode's "Delta Machine" will most likely be my favorite new album in 2013. They hit stride and knocked it out of the park with this album. Yes. I like electronic music.

Here's another cut from the album. This song will make you want to dance and post a personal 14er summit dance vid in the Mongoose dance challenge thread. Metal head, gangster rapper, stoner hippie... this song will make everyone in the room bounce to the party. A perfect counter to the dark tune I previously posted.

Not sleeping much lately. It happens. Feel like sharing music. This song has been on repeat and I could not be in a better mood at 3am in the morning unless I was starting a climb or driving all night to chase a powder event. To quote Billy, "I'm dancing with myself". Music and mountains both SOOTHE MY SOUL.
“It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:23 pm

Postby SilverLynx » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:46 am

8) A great song.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:51 pm

Some old mold.

Wishbone Ash. "Phoenix."

Postby d_baker » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:25 pm

This! Kicks ass. The ep does too. Old school Metallica fans might dig it.

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:07 pm

More old mold.

This is probably my favorite from these guys.

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:16 pm

On a more rhythmic note...
This offering from the Louie Bellson big band, doing a Herbie Hancock fusion classic.

Postby d_baker » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:52 am

Dancesatmoonrise wrote:On a more rhythmic note...

Exactly. Although the unedited version is better, this one still a fav.

and a nod to Layne

and I still think this chick (and her band) rocks!

Postby metalmountain » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:29 pm

I'm not a huge fan of In This Moment, but it did remind me how much I like Iwrestledabearonce...mmmm...Tastes Like Kevin Bacon. This song might actually frighten some people on several levels haha. The screams this girl can unleash are ridiculous. You have been warned... 8)

"The greatest battle is not physical but psychological. The demons telling us to give up when we push ourselves to the limit can never be silenced for good. They must always be answered by the quiet, steady dignity that simply refuses to give in. Courage. We all suffer. Keep going." - Graeme Fife

"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem

Postby SilverLynx » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:51 pm

I lost a best friend today... and I can't help but feel like a huge piece of me is gone. :cry:

Eve, I will miss you so much. I'm still in disbelief that you are gone. I love you... beautiful Eve, you are the strongest woman I have ever met in my life. I'd be happy to be half as great as you were.

I chose this song for you because I think it captures the essence of what you stood for; your compassionate, forgiving soul. Rest In Peace, sister (you are the closest thing to a sister I ever had). You will be with me on every mountain I climb.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby screeman57 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:36 am

SilverLynx wrote:I lost a best friend today... and I can't help but feel like a huge piece of me is gone. :cry:

So sorry to hear it--my condolences.
"Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached the top. Then you will see how low it was." -Dag Hammarskjold

PreviousNext