Support 14ers.com
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...
 Peak:  Quandary Peak (14er)
 Route:  East Ridge
 Range:  Tenmile
 Posted By:  Barb4rian
 Date of Information:  01/08/2011
 Date Posted:  01/09/2011
 Report

Boot packed trail about 95% of the route length. The other 5% is either bare spots due to wind or loosened snow from hikers. For skiing, the snow above treeline is close to the consistency of concrete and very contoured due to the wind; below treeline is mostly packed powder to powder, depending on whether you're on the trail or not. Certainly ski-able from top to bottom (since we did) but it may be a bit uncomfortable if you were to fall above treeline.

For my ascent I strapped on my micro-spikes and they served me perfectly from car to summit. A lot of people had snowshoes which also would be fine (might just add a little more weight). I would definitely recommend some type of traction though.



Photos (click for slideshow):
Image #1Image #2


  • Comments or Questions (0)

   Using your forum id/password. Not registered? Click Here

© 2014 14ers.com®, 14ers Inc.