This is quite possibly the strongest high altitude mountaineering tent ever made!
The tent's sleek, free-standing, trapezoid shape easily sheds high winds.
Tough materials and meticulous construction make this a safe haven on a high mountain.
The tent weighs 14 lbs, but if you want security, it's worth the few extra pounds.
I carried a China-Everest on a N->S traverse of Denali and loved it.
The China-Everest saved my life on another Alaskan peak.
The China-Everest saved several lives in the Antarctic.
A China-Everest was pitched high on the China side of Everest and was intact a year later, hence the name.
JanSport only made a few of these tents. This is a rare opportunity!
- Excellent condition – lightly used
- A pleasure palace for 2 people; will hold three in a pinch
- 7 color-coded poles match tough, full-length color-coded pole sleeves
3 poles go over the apex, 2 go end to end on mid side, 2 go side to side on mid end
- Inside measurements: Length – 104" (8' 8") Width – 80" (6' 8") Height – 44" (3' 8")
- 2 doors at the ends; one has mosquito netting, the other has a 3-foot storm tunnel
- The tent has 2 snow-flaps at the ends
- Total weight in stuff sack – 14 lbs; stakes not included
- Bathtub bottom, only one floor seam, seam sealed
- 2 mesh pockets on opposite ends
- A 3-cord hanging nest at the top
- Top eye-loop hanger plus 6 eye loop hangers 1 foot from apex
- The fly has 4 snow-flaps on the sides;
combined with the snow-flaps on the tent itself, you can completely seal the tent to the ground
- For guy-lines, the tent anchors through the fly via 10 covered grommets
This unique feature gives you the ability to guy this tent against the worst storms
The shock-corded guy lines attach to the tent with small locking biners
4 of these guys have 4mm Perlon cord, the other 6 have tough cord
- The fly itself has 4 additional shock-corded guys, 2 from the apex
- The fly has 4 vents, each with a small guy-line to hold it open
- When fully deployed, the China-Everest has 18 guy-lines
- Price: $500
- Local pickup in Boulder, CO is best and includes a tent pitching lesson
- $30 shipping charge for a US destination
- Certified check or cash
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-499-8599 or 303-819-5556
My Forum Profile (PM and Email Links)