14ers for TM

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
Alex
14ers: 31 
13ers: 31
Trip Reports (0)

14ers for TM

Post by Alex »

I am not sure if this topic has been discussed in the forum, but do we have any list of the summits climbed by fourteeners members for Talus Monkey? I don't mean planned, but actually climbed.

I saw his name registered in Sherman.

What else?
The only thing better than mountains are mountains to which you have never been!
RenoBob
14ers: 6 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (4)

Post by RenoBob »

well if you saw his name in a summit register, he's climbed it.
Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.
Hook Em Horns
14ers: 58 
13ers: 101
Trip Reports (7)

Post by Hook Em Horns »

TM climbed all of the 14ers.
Rockymtnhigh69
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Rockymtnhigh69 »

Hook Em Horns wrote:TM climbed all of the 14ers.
What I think Alex means is that he was wondering if we were going to keep a list of all the people on 14ers.com who climbed in honor of TM and placed his name in the canisters on all 54 this summer.
On my first take-off, I hit second gear and went through the speed limit on a two-lane blacktop highway full of ranch traffic. By the time I went up to third, I was going 75 and the tach was barely above 4000 rpm....
And that's when the Ducati got its second wind. From 4000 to 6000 in third will take you from 75 mph to 95 in two seconds - and after that, Bubba, you still have fourth, fifth, and sixth. Ho, ho.

~Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

(VT)
Merlin6803
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Merlin6803 »

I believe people are going to start posting tribute climbs on this thread

https://14ers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=6193

As for the suymmit register on Sherman bearing the name of the TalusMonkey recently, it was put on the register by Rockymtnhigh69, and you can see it in this trip report of Sherman

http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/triprepor ... m=tripmain
Alex
13ers: 31
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Alex »

Rockymtnhigh69 wrote:
Hook Em Horns wrote:TM climbed all of the 14ers.
What I think Alex means is that he was wondering if we were going to keep a list of all the people on 14ers.com who climbed in honor of TM and placed his name in the canisters on all 54 this summer.
Rockymtnhigh69,
Yes, that is exactly what I mean.

Merlin6803, thanks, I saw the registry. And thanks for the appropriate thread link.
The only thing better than mountains are mountains to which you have never been!
Kilimanjaro1
14ers: 34 
Trip Reports (0)

TalusMonkey on Shavano

Post by Kilimanjaro1 »

I did not know TalusMonkey and only became aware of his untimely death after returning to this site after a long hiatus. However, it certainly looks like he was a friend to all on this site and was well respected and admired. I climbed Shavano this past Monday and saw his name prominently displayed not on the inside of the summit cannister, but written on the OUTSIDE of the cannister. Certainly a nice tribute there. Are others signing his name to the outside of other summit cannisters?
jimlup
14ers: 27  1 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (3)

Post by jimlup »

The tough goal is getting his name on all the state summit registers or at least trail reports to that effect. We've got a state high point list going but we are waiting on many states at the moment.

I'm hoping to pull off Minnesota in July but California, Washington and particularly Alaska will be seriously tough.

http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/dwhighpoints.php
"Just because you have the gear does not mean that you are a Mountaineer!" My daughter's cynical comment about my hobby...