Happy Birthday to David!

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
gsliva
Trip Reports (0)

Happy Birthday to David!

Post by gsliva »

Happy Birthday David. I climbed Ford Peak yesterday, not a 14er but from 8000 feet to 10,500 and 8 miles round trip it was a good climb. I saw two Eagles, had a bull Elk scare the hell out of me and I sang Happy Birthday to the Talus Monkey. A nice trip.

Glenn
Live for the Climb and the search for commitment.
USAKeller
14ers: 58  24  24 
13ers: 169 3 7
Trip Reports (46)

Post by USAKeller »

Happy Birthday David! A lot of us will be celebrating your birthday on Humboldt this weekend!

Nice job Glenn!
14ers4me
14ers: 10 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by 14ers4me »

Happy Birthday David! I wish so much that i could be there with the rest of the group going up Humbolt but i cant :cry:. I am sure the other members will do you justice! Good luck guys!
Colorado-The only place beautiful enough to call home
SOD
14ers: 26 
13ers: 62
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SOD »

Yes indeed,

Happy Birthday. Like many others, I never met TM, but I miss him.

I have been lurking on the site for over a year, but was never able to sign up due to lack of a consistent computer. I got a kick out of his trip reports and miss reading about his new adventures.

I will be drinking a Colt 45 for the first time ever later this afternoon as a tribute!!

Happy Birthday
So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.
FlyGirl
14ers: 23 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by FlyGirl »

A birthday brew in honor of TalusMonkey! May the Colt 45 forever run freely![

Move like a heron, not like a water buffalo

TalusMonkeys sister
Trip Reports (0)

Post by TalusMonkeys sister »

Happy Birthday, big brother! I love you and miss you. Thanks to all of you for continuing to pay tribute to David. Please be safe this weekend. Our family will be thinking about all of you this Sunday, on your hike. Thanks for doing this for David.
Thank you all for loving my brother and being his friends. You all sound like amazing friends. I can't thank you enough. Holly Newsome
SarahT
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 670 168
Trip Reports (75)

Post by SarahT »

Happy Birthday David. My thoughts were with you as I was climbing Mt. Rainier on your birthday.
Spam
14ers: 15 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Spam »

I was unable to celebrate witht he Humboldt climb, however, i will have my belated celebration this Sunday on Quandary. Happy Birthday to the Talus Monkey.
"Getting to the top is optional, getting down is mandatory." -- Ed Viesturs