David's Memorial Service

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
stevevets689
14ers: 55  5  1 
13ers: 53 2
Trip Reports (43)

Post by stevevets689 »

Thanks for that, Inky, and thanks for the photos, CODave. I was so glad to be able to go to this, it really showed how people can care for a person like David. The pictures all around were awesome, and the slideshow was unbeatable. Some of the shots were downright halerious, too... I was glad to meet everyone who I did: USAKeller, BillMiddlebrook, Inky6900, CODave, Kate, KirkT, Roozers42, Jeff_F, AzScott, sdkiel, scanner, swturner, charla, JCWhite (again) and anyone else who I may have forgotten. I would be glad to go hiking with any of you, and, in spirit, Dave will be with us.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience.
paully
14ers: 56 
13ers: 15
Trip Reports (1)

Post by paully »

Thanks for postings, all of you. I had by brother's graduation on Saturday and was bummed out that I couldn't stop in and pay tribute to David. Thank you for the wonderful words and photos.
gsliva
Trip Reports (0)

Post by gsliva »

I hope they have the intenet in Heaven so TM can see this!
Live for the Climb and the search for commitment.
Lady T
14ers: 15 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Lady T »

I loved how at the memorial there was such good energy because of how much everyone cared for David. All you had to do was look at all of his friends and family telling stories and see the laughter at his antics, and somehow you felt better. It was much more of a comfort than having everyone in tears. The whole thing was so grounded and loving. What a great comfort.