Antarctica Send-off Party

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
jbchalk
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (54)

Antarctica Send-off Party

Post by jbchalk »

Why not have a reason to party, right? Come celebrate our hopeful (fingers-crossed) 7th Summit with Kristine & I at The Minturn Saloon on Saturday evening, December 7, at around 7pm. It will be a very casual send-off party as we depart for Antarctica a week later to climb Mt. Vinson, the highest peak on the continent. Details will follow soon as we iron out the details, drawing prizes, and hopeful live music. Should be a fun evening. Hope to see some of you there!
IMG_1866.JPG
IMG_1866.JPG (190.61 KiB) Viewed 3116 times
jblyth
14ers: 58  5  15 
13ers: 145 8 6
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Antarctica Send-off Party

Post by jblyth »

I wish we could make it, but Beck and I have a work xmas party we can't miss here in Denver. Best of luck on this great adventure, hope you two have a blast. It's so cool and incredible you and Kristine have had this journey together!
Dancesatmoonrise
14ers: 58  43 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (68)

Post by Dancesatmoonrise »

Brandon, sending you and Kristine good wishes and good vibes for a safe and successful trip! =D> \:D/

PS - I REALLY like that photo.
MountainMedic
14ers: 58  3  1 
13ers: 18
Trip Reports (3)

Post by MountainMedic »

Hell yeah. Best of luck, Brandon, and stay safe!
RobertKay
14ers: 58  4  3 
13ers: 32
Trip Reports (10)

Post by RobertKay »

I think I will be able to make it, along with an Everest summiting friend of mine from the Czech Republic who is visiting for a week of skiing. It sounds like fun.
Ps, bring your skis - there is a lot of decent looking stuff on Vinson.
Peakmarker.com
kman
Trip Reports (0)

Post by kman »

Hey Brandon -
I will be outa town, but best of luck and I can't wait to read the trip report!
jbchalk
Trip Reports (54)

Post by jbchalk »

Thanks, fellas.

Jason - Will miss you & Beck, buddy. Have fun at that Christmas parte!
Tyler & Jim - Thanks, man! I like that pic too.
Robert - Absolutely great to hear you & your Czech friend may be able to make it! Very cool. We so look forward to meeting you guys. Will be great to have another 7 Summit aspirant in the saloon.
Larry - Great to hear from you. Thanks.
MountainHiker
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 109
Trip Reports (7)

Post by MountainHiker »

Wow. I'm looking forward to viewing the trip report. This is a big deal! Stay safe.
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert
I Man
14ers: 58  49 
13ers: 74 7
Trip Reports (30)

Post by I Man »

I will be there for sure and looking forward to it. Good to see you last night man! Good times as always.
Don't forget that Noah & I will set up our own table and be selling cans of Chef Boy Ardee for $50 each. Of course we will also take straight donations \:D/
You can touch the void, just don't fall into it.

I fly a starship across the universe divide....and when I reach the other side...I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a Mountain Man again.
uwe
13ers: 45
Trip Reports (0)

Post by uwe »

BEST WISHES FOR A SAFE AND SUCCESSFUL JOURNEY!!!!!!
jbchalk
Trip Reports (54)

Post by jbchalk »

MountainHiker & Uwe - thanks for your well wishes as well.

Matt - Chef Boy Ardee sounds good, but I bet you could get some Ramen packets for $100 a pop no doubt. See you & Noah then, man.
yedi
Trip Reports (0)

Post by yedi »

I saw this composite image of Antarctica today and thought this was an appropriate spot for it. Really amazing looking place.
Antarctica.jpg
Antarctica.jpg (140.24 KiB) Viewed 2460 times
Best of luck, Brandon. I hope you guys have good weather and a safe trip. I've really enjoyed reading the TRs on your site, and I look forward to reading about Vinson.