Quandary Peak Condition?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
rpdawes
14ers: 18  1 
13ers: 41 2
Trip Reports (7)

Quandary Peak Condition?

Post by rpdawes »

I am planning on hiking to Quandary Peak this Tuesday. wanna know if anybody has been up there lately like yesterday or today. Will you please inform me of its peak condition?

Thanks in advance!
Somewhat of a Prick
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 84
Trip Reports (17)

Re: Quandary Peak Condition?

Post by Somewhat of a Prick »

Saw it from Lincoln on Saturday. Decent amount of snow it looked like, I would say bring microspikes.
CarrieS
Trip Reports (0)

Post by CarrieS »

rpdawes did you go today? How were the conditions? We were thinking of doing it tomorrow.
justiner
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138
Trip Reports (40)

Post by justiner »

Was there Sat - we just walked up, snow is minimal.

Did not stop the couple from OK donning climbing helmets and full on mountaineering boots. God bless 'em.
Somewhat of a Prick
Trip Reports (17)

justiner wrote:Was there Sat - we just walked up, snow is minimal.

Did not stop the couple from OK donning climbing helmets and full on mountaineering boots. God bless 'em.
People two Saturday's ago were looking at us a little weird too as we were descending the East Ridge from the West Ridge with our full compliment of gear. Oh well \:D/
rpdawes
14ers: 18  1 
13ers: 41 2
Trip Reports (7)

Post by rpdawes »

I did not go out to the mountain today since I was informed that there was some snow at the top. Guess I will have to delay my summit hiking activities till next summer.
justiner
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138
Trip Reports (40)

Post by justiner »

Somewhat of a Prick wrote:

People two Saturday's ago were looking at us a little weird too as we were descending the East Ridge from the West Ridge with our full compliment of gear. Oh well \:D/
I got that, too - although I had much less gear than most, going up the East Ridge ;) I was first just so happy to be done with the W. Ridge, that I was literally *bounding* down the E. Ridge at Mach 2.

The scene at the summit was even better: as I was dry heaving from finishing everything, most everyone else was in jubilation from finishing their first 14er. I was happy to be alive ;)
Somewhat of a Prick
Trip Reports (17)

justiner wrote:
Somewhat of a Prick wrote:

I got that, too - although I had much less gear than most, going up the East Ridge ;) I was first just so happy to be done with the W. Ridge, that I was literally *bounding* down the E. Ridge at Mach 2.

The scene at the summit was even better: as I was dry heaving from finishing everything, most everyone else was in jubilation from finishing their first 14er. I was happy to be alive ;)
We had the summit to ourselves! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/