Porcupines Still Chewing on Car Wires In

Trailhead condition requests, questions, alerts, etc.
geojed
14er Checklist (50)
14ers in Winter (7)
13er Checklist (96)

Re: Porcupines Still Chewing on Car Wires In

Postby geojed » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:38 pm

Personally I prefer the Holy Hand Grenade security system to keep rabbits from chewing on my car's brake lines.

Careful there, don't risk a frontal assault. That rabbit is dynamite!
• It's by getting away from life that we can see it most clearly... It's by depriving ourselves of the myriad of everyday experiences that we renew our appreciation for them...I've learned from my experiences in the mountains that I love life. — Dave Johnston
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
• The best climber in the world is the one who’s having the most fun.— Alex Lowe
• Why do I climb the mountain? Because I'm in love! — The Captain
screeman57
14er Checklist (55)
14ers in Winter (6)
13er Checklist (55)

Postby screeman57 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:18 pm

geojed wrote:Careful there, don't risk a frontal assault. That rabbit is dynamite!

"One, two.... FIVE!" Is it just me, or have Monty Python clips been popping up all over the place lately in all sorts of different contexts (completely appropriate, of course). =D>
"Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached the top. Then you will see how low it was." -Dag Hammarskjold
beerhiker
14er Checklist (10)
13er Checklist (8)

Postby beerhiker » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:09 pm

a year ago this month I had a squirrel eat my main wiring harness beyond repair, new wiring harness $1100, $1000 labor to replace, rental car, 10 days without truck. Luckily insurance covered it but still a PITA. I now have mothballs in a mesh bag zip tied to harness inside engine bay. I have to replace mothballs about every 6 weeks as they evaporate, cant smell it inside truck, but if wind is right can get a whiff outside. No problems with vermin since. Also there are 2 kinds of mothballs, I was told to get the bad ones (poisonous?).

Return to “Trailheads, Roads, and Camping”