Globreal posted conditions on 11/17 for the Huerfano/Lily Lake trail head, but does anyone have more recent conditions status they can share?
We might do a day trip in there this weekend for Huerfanito. Anyone interested?
Trailhead condition requests, questions, alerts, etc.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 102
- Joined: 7/26/2011
- 14er Checklist (23)
- 14ers in Winter (4)
- 13er Checklist (14)
I was up there 11/24 for the Iron Nipple. The road was a little icy the last half mile to the upper TH. Clear if you're just going to the lower one. The north facing slopes are holding a little snow below treeline, pretty bare above. I have pics if you want.
I just got home from hiking Mount Lindsey today actually (12/4/2012). The road has essentially no snow, but there are a few small icy sections for the last 0.5 mile approaching the upper trailhead. Nothing too treacherous though; any 4WD should be fine, and an AWD car could probably make it up there with some careful and slow driving. However, it looks like there is a chance of snow in the forecast, so obviously conditions could easily change.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests