Mount Lindsey Conditions?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
AW007
14ers: 24  1  4 
Trip Reports (0)

Mount Lindsey Conditions?

Post by AW007 »

Hello everyone, I’m thinking about attempting Mount Lindsey sometime this week. More specifically, I would be ascending via the North Face, (Route #1 on this site). Does anyone have any recent beta on the conditions? I’m not sure how much snow to anticipate, and consequently how much of the climb I will be snowshoeing, etc. The last trip report for Mount Lindsey was in mid September, so obviously it is obsolete at this point. However, I did notice there was an update for the Huerfano/Lily Lake trailhead on 11/17/12, and at that time it was apparently possible to drive all the way in a 4WD. Any input on that would be appreciated as well.

Thank you in advance for the beta. Happy climbing!
dehrlich101
14ers: 46  2 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (21)

Re: Mount Lindsey Conditions?

Post by dehrlich101 »

Sorry no current conditions here.. I'm guessing it's mostly dry because of humboldts report. What day are you thinking of climbing? I'd like to go for this one soon.
jbchalk
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (54)

Post by jbchalk »

Climbed the NW ridge on November 4 and then descended the north face gully. Easily drivable to the TH at that time and the route was mostly snow free. Didn't use any microspikes or other traction device, but could be very helpful on the north face gully. I would imagine conditions would be similar as I don't believe there has been much snow there since, but could be wrong. Some pics of the route towards the end of my blog entry here: http://brandonandkristine.com/colorado- ... -nw-ridge/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AW007
14ers: 24  1  4 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by AW007 »

Thank you for the input! Best I can tell, conditions are looking pretty favorable for a successful trip. Tentatively planning to head down there tomorrow afternoon, camp, then go for the summit on Tuesday. :)
jbchalk
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (54)

Post by jbchalk »

Nice...have a great trip!