TNF Meru Line

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
seano732
14er Checklist (7)
14ers in Winter (4)

TNF Meru Line

Postby seano732 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:58 am

Happy Friday brethren! Just curious if anyone has bought/used TNF's new Meru line of technical clothes. Specifically, the Radish jacket and the Meru bibs. I know TNF is like the Dallas Cowboys; you either love em or wish the stadium would collapse on them (the Cowboys, not the clothes), but I've used their stuff for years and was thinking about upgrading. Anyhoo, any thoughts/opinions greatly appreciated, everybody have a great weekend! Peace!
" I want to be more like the Ocean, no talking and all action"- Jane's Addiction
"Where is the love, to be found?"- Bob Marley
"It's just a ride..." Bill Hicks
Voodoo302
14er Checklist (19)
13er Checklist (6)

Re: TNF Meru Line

Postby Voodoo302 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:03 am

Haven't used the Meru line specifically but their Summit Series line (in which the Meru stuff is included) is pretty legit. I've used/owned a number of the Summit Series products and have always been impressed.
Dave B
14er Checklist Not Entered

Postby Dave B » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:14 am

I was looking at the Radish mid-layer. Looked pretty cool, then I noticed it's $230.

Pay a $100 less and get the Wild Things Wind Pro Hoody or support Colorado and stop by Melanzana in Leadville for a Hard Face Hoody
The mountains - whose summits reach or exceed arbitrary thresholds for elevation and prominence - are calling and I must go.

-John Muir
seano732
14er Checklist (7)
14ers in Winter (4)

Postby seano732 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:26 am

#Dave B- Yeah, 230$ for a midlayer is frickin outrageous, but the lady at TNF store told me they have a sale in Feb, so we'll see. Thanks for the links, those both look pretty sweet! #Voodoo- Good to know, I'll check out that line right now. Peace!
" I want to be more like the Ocean, no talking and all action"- Jane's Addiction
"Where is the love, to be found?"- Bob Marley
"It's just a ride..." Bill Hicks
brendanmagee13
14er Checklist Not Entered

Postby brendanmagee13 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:20 pm

seano732 wrote:#Dave B- Yeah, 230$ for a midlayer is frickin outrageous, but the lady at TNF store told me they have a sale in Feb, so we'll see. Thanks for the links, those both look pretty sweet! #Voodoo- Good to know, I'll check out that line right now. Peace!

I know TNF store always has sales at the end of the season, however, in my experience, they will never but their Summit Series stuff on sale in the store or website. If you really want to pick up some of the Meru items at a reduced price, it is best to watch sites like backcountry.com for their sales towards the end of the season. At backcountry.com if you add an item to your cart, it shows you the quantity available on hand, so you know if they are running low or if they have plenty in stock, so you can better judge if you need to buy now or later.

Return to “Gear, Climbing Prep, Safety, etc.”