Mount Powell GPX / KMZ

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
zephyr_pelicante
14ers: 57  3 
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (34)

Mount Powell GPX / KMZ

Post by zephyr_pelicante »

Hi,
Does anyone have a GPX or KMX file for the Mount Powell standard route that they'd be willing to share?
Thanks`
smoove
14ers: 44  11 
13ers: 34 3
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Mount Powell GPX / KMZ

Post by smoove »

I have a .tpo file that I should be able to convert to .gpx for you. If you PM me your email, I can send it to you tonight. I can't guarantee that my track won't take you through a little bush whacking, though. ;)
mtnfiend
14ers: 34  14  2 
13ers: 181 58 6
Trip Reports (2)

Post by mtnfiend »

Don't be afraid of a map and compass in the Gore.

Not having a defined trail or GPS way points to follow is part of the fun in exploring the range!!
Didn't I ever tell you.....Bumble's bounce!!!

http://exploringtherockies.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.berthoudpass.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
@snow_nerd
zephyr_pelicante
14ers: 57  3 
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (34)

Post by zephyr_pelicante »

I blew out my knee this afternoon so I unfortunately won't be doing this any time soon. Thanks for the offer.
jdorje
14ers: 12 
13ers: 27
Trip Reports (16)

Post by jdorje »

Ouch. What happened to your knee?
"I don't think about the past, and the future is a mystery. Only the present matters."
smoove
Trip Reports (0)

Post by smoove »

Ouch. Sorry to hear that.
James Dziezynski
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (5)

Post by James Dziezynski »

When you need it, it's under Powell.gpx: http://www.mountainouswords.com/adventures/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope that knee heals up soon!
“Dogs teach us a very important lesson in life: The mail man is not to be trusted.” — Sian Ford
smoove
Trip Reports (0)

Post by smoove »

James Dziezynski wrote:When you need it, it's under Powell.gpx: http://www.mountainouswords.com/adventures/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope that knee heals up soon!

Thanks for that link, James. I'll probably take advantage of some of those non-14er tracks! Really liked your first book. What's new in the second edition? (No, I'm not James's friend trying to promote his book. Just curious.)
James Dziezynski
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (5)

Post by James Dziezynski »

Thanks! The new book has newly designed maps, photos and is cleaned up from the first edition. I added in about 20 new summits, too. I didn't drop any from the first edition, but added some much more interesting routes such as the Carbonate - Tabeguache circuit and Big, Little and Medium Agnes. Really glad you liked it! And just one other piece of news, I will be putting lots of new free hikes of other peaks on my website throughout the fall. I'm working on peaks that don't have much publicity elsewhere, not to mention dog friendly routes, big ridgewalks and traverses and my favorite, lesser known summits (like Mt. George in the Indian Peaks via the Triangle Glacier).

Can we be friends now? :)

And... I don't want to hijack this thread -- so back to Powell. What a *blast* of a day. I want to try a full traverse from Powell > Eagles Nest (I've done this portion) then on to Dora Mountain, camping at Dora Lake and the glacierfield there. Could be super fun!
“Dogs teach us a very important lesson in life: The mail man is not to be trusted.” — Sian Ford