Condition on Maroon?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
kumo1341
14ers: 47  6 
13ers: 34 7
Trip Reports (0)

Condition on Maroon?

Post by kumo1341 »

Going up Maroon tomorrow. Does anyone know how's the condition up there? Any extra gears needed? Thank you!
ChrisinAZ
14ers: 58  14 
13ers: 36
Trip Reports (12)

Re: Condition on Maroon?

Post by ChrisinAZ »

Don't know the conditions, but I'd bring microspikes--they'll be a help if there's any snow, and anything else would be dead weight. Trekking poles are a good idea for the 2800' of suck, regardless. You'll probably be okay since the last part up S Maroon is generally south and west facing...
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."
— Jack Handy

Mah peaks
Timmy
14ers: 57 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Timmy »

It's dry and there's no rain/snow scheduled.
jeepdent
14ers: 19 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jeepdent »

According to the Denver post, someone fell over 600 feet today and didn't make it. Not many details given. Please be careful. Wishes of peace to those family members.
mtree
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtree »

My best reports had light snow on the Bells mid week. Given the altitude, cool temps, and the upper parts of the trail is shaded much of the day, I'd be mindful of ice. I was surprised how much snow was still present on the north facing portions of the Mosquito/Sawatch peaks today. Good luck and enjoy!
- I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was blaming you.
Rock-a-Fella
13ers: 16
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Rock-a-Fella »

No Snow, Ice or melt off from the same.