Rob Jansen Memorial Event (RJansen77)

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
MountainMedic
14ers: 58  3  1 
13ers: 18
Trip Reports (3)

Rob Jansen Memorial Event (RJansen77)

Post by MountainMedic »

As many of you know, our good friend Rob Jansen (RJansen77) was killed in a rockslide on Hagerman Peak on August 25th. A talented and absurdly fast hiker and climber, Rob was also a fixture on this forum and considered many 14ers.com members to be among his closest friends. We will be holding a memorial service in his honor, followed by a reception in the Washington Park area of Denver. His father reiterated to me on multiple occasions that he wanted as many people as possible from the climbing community to be at the service. I know Rob's family would appreciate a strong 14ers.com presence greatly and look forward to meeting his friends. If you can't make it due to the Fall Gathering, be sure to raise a Dale's for Rob at the summit!

Saturday, September 22
Memorial at Cheesman Park (At the picnic shelter)
5:00 PM-6:00 PM
Reception at Washington Park Grille
6:00 PM-10:00 PM (or later)

Please post on this thread (don't PM) if you intend to come so I can get some idea of head count. Remember, the more the merrier! Also, if you can only make the service or reception, that's fine. We're flexible, but I do need to give the bar an approximate head count by the middle of next week.

EDIT: BenFromTheEast thinks it's unclear that Rob's family will be there. They will be.
Last edited by MountainMedic on Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lordhelmut
14ers: 50  21  5 
13ers: 300 60 1
Trip Reports (73)

Re: Rob Jansen Memorial Event (RJansen77)

Post by lordhelmut »

Count me in
kushrocks
14ers: 58  25 
13ers: 65 2
Trip Reports (5)

Post by kushrocks »

There is nothing that would make me miss this Memorial for Rob. Count me and Annie in for sure. Everyone come ready to drink some Dale's Pale Ale.
Last edited by kushrocks on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."
crossfitter
Trip Reports (7)

Post by crossfitter »

I'll be there
- A mountain is not a checkbox to be ticked
- Alpinism and mountaineering are not restricted to 14,000 foot mountains
- Judgment and experience are the two most important pieces of gear you own
- Being honest to yourself and others about your abilities is a characteristic of experienced climbers
- Courage cannot be bought at REI or carried with you in your rucksack

kansas
Trip Reports (4)

Post by kansas »

I'm in.
SurfNTurf
14ers: 58  28 
13ers: 127 7
Trip Reports (48)

Post by SurfNTurf »

Wouldn't miss it.
“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper
BenfromtheEast
14ers: 58  10  16 
13ers: 37 8 3
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BenfromtheEast »

I'll be there.
zdero1
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 85 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by zdero1 »

My girlfriend and I will certainly be there.
aliciaf
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 16 1
Trip Reports (9)

Post by aliciaf »

We didn't know him personally, but we remember reading lots of his posts and trip reports here. My fiance and I will be there to honor him
dmccool
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 23
Trip Reports (0)

Post by dmccool »

I'll be there
Save a place for me up in the high country.
There's still space to breathe.

- Gregory Alan Isakov
DaveSwink
14ers: 37  12 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (6)

Post by DaveSwink »

I'm in.
Matt
14ers: 58 
13ers: 208
Trip Reports (32)

Post by Matt »

Fletch wrote:My wife and I will be there. Thanks Tyler.
Well, since I'll be hiking with you in the morning, I have no excuse.
I'll be there, too.
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List