Forum rules
This forum is read-only
hvolmer
14ers: 20 
13ers: 32
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Dog Found: Mt. Bierstadt!

Post by hvolmer »

I feel like I should be talking to some "authorities" about this, but it could all be some miserable misunderstanding...
ameristrat
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (9)

Post by ameristrat »

Hungry Jack wrote:I am hesitant to post this, but Mrs Jack just told me she heard a radio news report of a body found in the high country of CO, and that there may be a missing dog (this implies that the body may have been id'ed, but not necessairly).

Unfortunately Mrs Jack doesn't recall much detail.

Can anyone corroborate this?

I really hope not...

And to the Rescue Team tomorrow morning, if I didn't have work, I would be there in a heartbeat. I will keep your safety in my prayers. Please let us know as soon as you all are back!
You cannot stay on the summit forever; you have to come down again. So why bother in the first place? Just this: What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. One descends, one sees no longer, but one has seen. There is an art of conducting oneself in the lower regions by the memory of what one saw higher up. When one can no longer see, one can at least still know. - Rene Daumal
Doctor No
14ers: 35  1 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (13)

Post by Doctor No »

Good luck, everyone! Prayers...
14erFred
14ers: 51 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by 14erFred »

Sound advice from kimism72. Godspeed and safe passage to all on Monday.
wash
Trip Reports (1)

Post by wash »

Hi everyone. We have a team of seven confirmed for tomorrow and a few maybes. I think we have enough to physically move the dog if we find her but more help would be appreciated. I have a feeling that finding the dog will be just as challenging as getting her out.

Again, we will be meeting at the Guanella Pass Trailhead at 5am, Monday August 13th. I drive a silver Pontiac Vibe with a roof/cargo rack on top so you can spot me.

For those coming, bring any evacuation option that you have at your disposal and we will evaluate our best options at the trailhead before we head out.

If anyone has the following please bring them: a GPS device, walkie-talkies.

Thank you everyone for your help and advice.

I would also like to thank the group which went out last evening to look for this dog and Erik2 for his efforts today and detailed report, which has been extremely helpful.
Doctor No
Trip Reports (13)

Post by Doctor No »

Dex wrote:
kimism72 wrote: Just don't start sending your bank information to a Nigerian prince trying to get money out of the country.
Fool me once, shame on — shame on you.

Fool me — you can't get fooled again.
screeman57
14ers: 58  19 
13ers: 79 12
Trip Reports (0)

Post by screeman57 »

Doctor No wrote:
Dex wrote:
kimism72 wrote: Just don't start sending your bank information to a Nigerian prince trying to get money out of the country.
Fool me once, shame on — shame on you.

Fool me — you can't get fooled again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjmjqlOPd6A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“To be is to do”—Socrates.
“To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre.
“Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
Doctor No
Trip Reports (13)

Post by Doctor No »

screeman57 wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjmjqlOPd6A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oh, but there's more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoRt1tFZubU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
screeman57
14ers: 58  19 
13ers: 79 12
Trip Reports (0)

Post by screeman57 »

Doctor No wrote:
Oh, but there's more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoRt1tFZubU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
...and... another thread veers off track...

BUT, that's gold, man. Pure gold.
“To be is to do”—Socrates.
“To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre.
“Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
gearhunter
Trip Reports (0)

Post by gearhunter »

Please update on this forum. If the dog is found and additional resources are needed to get it down the mountain please relay information on here.
Waggs
14ers: 26  2 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Waggs »

Looks like this has solidly legitimized over the last 24 hours.

I offer up my apologies as well

Waggs
Gloves are optional. Mittens mandatory - S. Gladbach
fleetmack
14ers: 39 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (22)

Post by fleetmack »

hope all turns well and that no human was injured in addition to my hope for the German Shepherd getting down and healed up quickly

i am upset, yet far from surprised, that my signature has once again proven itself with some of the comments in this thread :roll:
"Cynicism and ill-humored opinion have built a stronghold called the message board. Sweet mother of God, see a f***ing shrink, people."
--Corey Taylor