13ers/14ers in Lake City Area Aug 6-9

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
kendalunruh
14ers: 39 
13ers: 129
Trip Reports (0)

13ers/14ers in Lake City Area Aug 6-9

Post by kendalunruh »

I will be in the Lake City area for those days. I need to do any of the following:

Redcloud/Sunshine
Vermillion/Fuller
Half Peak
Rio Grande Pyramid
Organ
13,811/13,832

or any bicentennials anyone wants to do in that area.
Marmot72
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 570 16
Trip Reports (37)

Re: 13ers/14ers in Lake City Area Aug 6-9

Post by Marmot72 »

All of my plans (including those for this weekend) have turned to bunk this summer for various reasons, so I might be out there during that timeframe, after Half and the minor 13ers around it, then Pilot Knob-Golden Horn-Vermillion-Fuller. (I did US Grant and V4 from the Island Lake basin last August; storms kept me from Ice Basin.) I will know Saturday and PM if that's the case.

-Steve
I have phenomenal route-finding abilities. Specifically, I have an uncanny knack for selecting the path of most resistance.
Marmot72
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 570 16
Trip Reports (37)

Re: 13ers/14ers in Lake City Area Aug 6-9

Post by Marmot72 »

Weather looks like it's turning bad - at least through the 6th -- I've got a prior commitment to join a buddy in the Indian Peaks next weekend, so won't be heading to the San Juans this week.
I have phenomenal route-finding abilities. Specifically, I have an uncanny knack for selecting the path of most resistance.