Favorite Beer?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Johnson
14ers: 58 
13ers: 42
Trip Reports (6)

Re: Favorite Beer?

Post by Johnson »

Raj IPA from Four Peaks in Tempe went down pretty well. One was great, 3 was too many. They had good food and adequate staff too. :-" Sorry the Droid takes such crummy of pictures.
Attachments
2012-04-09_23-21-59_968.jpg
2012-04-09_23-21-59_968.jpg (265.3 KiB) Viewed 1311 times
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene
Shawnee Bob
14ers: 22 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Shawnee Bob »

I liked the Left Hand Pale Ale. Had that the other night, curious about the Milk Stout.
Because life's too short to be an indoor cat.

http://proactiveoutside.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dmccool
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 23
Trip Reports (0)

Post by dmccool »

Shawnee Bob wrote: curious about the Milk Stout.
I'll vouch for the Milk Stout - get the Milk Stout Nitro though
Save a place for me up in the high country.
There's still space to breathe.

- Gregory Alan Isakov
Johnson
13ers: 42
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Johnson »

dmccool wrote:
Shawnee Bob wrote: curious about the Milk Stout.
I'll vouch for the Milk Stout - get the Milk Stout Nitro though

NITRO rocks. See several pages back as I posted a video on how to properly pour one.
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene
highpilgrim
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

Sierra Nevada Hoptimum: I don't know if I missed this in the thread but it's damned good one way or the other...not quite Hopslam but pretty good nonetheless.

100 IBU, 10.4 ABV.
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
CorduroyCalves
14ers: 16 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by CorduroyCalves »

Has anyone been to the Burning Can Beer Festival? The Westword Voice deal of the day is $25 admission tickets for $12, and I wanted to get some feedback regarding it. Thanks!
Life is too short to pay full retail for outdoor gear!

"God has cared for these trees, saved them from draught, disease, avalanches, and a thousand straining, leveling tempasts and floods; but he cannot save them from fools; only Uncle Sam can do that."--John Muir
SpringsHiker
13ers: 56
Trip Reports (1)

Post by SpringsHiker »

For any of you in or passing through Colorado Springs, Trinity Brewing Co. (Garden of the Gods, off I-25 and just west of Centennial) completed a recent expansion and some of their seasonal beers will now be available full time. One of their best, IMHO, is Slap Yer Mammy, a double IPA that is seriously good (10% ABV and 125 IBUs). It debuts as a regular offering this Friday, May 11th. Ahhhhhh.....
"I am not a fizzy yellow beer drinking ninny!"
ckfreund
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ckfreund »

This is one of my favorite topics. I live in Wisconsin and try to drink local beers (although I see the New Belgium truck here in Madison than any other beer truck).
My absolute favorite beer in Autumnal Fire from Capital Brewery. Unfortunetly, it is only produced in September.
Other favorites are Satin Stout from Central Waters Brewing Company and Potosi Oatmeal Stout from the Potosi Brewery.

A bottle in front of me is better than a frontal lobotomy.
Shawnee Bob
14ers: 22 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Shawnee Bob »

Throwing in for the folks in KC. Boulevard Wheat tasted fine last night with some carnita tacos after a trail run.

So to recap the faves: COOP Aleworks (OKC) Zeppelin and DNR; Ommegang Witte, Three Philosophers and Amber Ale; Big Sky Moose Drool; St. Bernardus Witte.

Need to get back to CO to get a good sampling.
Because life's too short to be an indoor cat.

http://proactiveoutside.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SpringsHiker
13ers: 56
Trip Reports (1)

Post by SpringsHiker »

Shawnee Bob wrote:Throwing in for the folks in KC. Boulevard Wheat tasted fine last night with some carnita tacos after a trail run.
Props to KC for Boulevard. Love their Double-Wide IPA! I have a 750ml, champagne-corked bottle of it in my fridge talking to me right now. (Shh! Quiet down boy. Wait til this weekend...) 8)
"I am not a fizzy yellow beer drinking ninny!"
Matt
13ers: 208
Trip Reports (32)

Post by Matt »

SpringsHiker wrote:For any of you in or passing through Colorado Springs, Trinity Brewing Co. (Garden of the Gods, off I-25 and just west of Centennial) completed a recent expansion and some of their seasonal beers will now be available full time. One of their best, IMHO, is Slap Yer Mammy, a double IPA that is seriously good (10% ABV and 125 IBUs). It debuts as a regular offering this Friday, May 11th. Ahhhhhh.....
Thank you!
I have a meeting in CoS on Friday afternoon. I usually stop at Trinity on the way back to Denver--I will this time, for sure!
Some recent things I've tried that rocked my taste buds:
Founder's Red's Rye: I can't believe there's a rye I like better than Hop Rod Rye, but now, there is! It made a trip to Indiana much better.
Tipped off by Bobby Finn and Tommyboy360, I tried some of Green Flash's Palate Wrecker. It's aptly named, probably too many hops (is this possible?) to have more than one. 149 IBUs.

And, BTW, Darrin, I will hit the Redstone when I see it at the store.
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List
roguejackalope
14ers: 39  6 
13ers: 25 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by roguejackalope »

SpringsHiker wrote:For any of you in or passing through Colorado Springs, Trinity Brewing Co. (Garden of the Gods, off I-25 and just west of Centennial) completed a recent expansion and some of their seasonal beers will now be available full time. One of their best, IMHO, is Slap Yer Mammy, a double IPA that is seriously good (10% ABV and 125 IBUs). It debuts as a regular offering this Friday, May 11th. Ahhhhhh.....
I can vouch for the quality of Trinity. I have yet to make it down there, but every offering they had at GABF was amazing. The fact that they are adding a double IPA to the standard lineup makes me want to take a field trip.

In other news, I am pretty stoked about the two bottles of Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale that I scored. If they are not a terrible disappointment (is that possible?) then I'll post a review after I find occasion to have one. :iluvbeer:
"Hiking is just walking where it's okay to pee" - Demetri Martin