Do you keep these in your gear?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
mike_kadow
14ers: 24 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Do you keep these in your gear?

Post by mike_kadow »

Never in my gear.

Was told once if you take shrooms, there are three rules:

1) Police
2) Fire
3) Heights

Made sense to me.
Brian C
14ers: 45  5 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (25)

Post by Brian C »

Didn't one of the rescuers get bitten?
Brian in the Wild
Lists of John
"Nature never did betray the heart that loved her." - Wordsworth
[jon]
14ers: 7 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (2)

Post by [jon] »

Is anyone also thinking "Of course it happened in Boulder..."?
The journey of a thousand miles starts with one foot step - Lao Tzu
its_not_a_tuba
14ers: 36  1  2 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (1)

Post by its_not_a_tuba »

It really bugs me that the press called some idiot on drugs stuck on a Flatiron a rock climber. Doesn't do much for the sport's public image.
"Wilderness settles peace on the soul because it needs no help. It is beyond human contrivance." -- E.O. Wilson
metalmountain
14ers: 42  1  2 
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (1)

Post by metalmountain »

its_not_a_tuba wrote:It really bugs me that the press called some idiot on drugs stuck on a Flatiron a rock climber. Doesn't do much for the sport's public image.

I was thinking the same thing...sounds more like "idiot on shrooms decides to climb Flatiron" than rock climber decided to do shrooms.
"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem
tmathews
Trip Reports (0)

Post by tmathews »

its_not_a_tuba wrote:It really bugs me that the press called some idiot on drugs stuck on a Flatiron a rock climber. Doesn't do much for the sport's public image.
I think this Westword article gives a more accurate depiction: http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/20 ... rescue.php
Jim Davies
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 67
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Jim Davies »

It turns out they weren't even climbing the rocks.
Westword wrote:[Sheriff spokesman] Brough doesn't think Schuttenberg was ever on the brink of death due to his choice of snacks. "They were still on the trail," he says. "They hadn't actually done any climbing yet."
Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall — it's great when you stop. -- Chris Darwin
I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now. -- Forrest Gump
TomPierce
Trip Reports (2)

Post by TomPierce »

As a rock climber, I never take my 'shrooms with me while climbing...they're too hard to rack. Besides, I'm a crystal meth man.
-Tom
Last edited by TomPierce on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
tmathews
Trip Reports (0)

Post by tmathews »

TomPierce wrote:As A rock climber, I never take my 'shrooms with me while climbing...they're too hard to rack. Besides, I'm a crystal meth man.
-Tom
This was evident from the first time I met you, Tom. :wink:
Jesse M
13ers: 15
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Jesse M »

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&s ... iQKuiKW3BQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
forbins_mtn
14ers: 28  2 
13ers: 11
Trip Reports (5)

Post by forbins_mtn »

my drug days are long and gone, however in high school my group of friends and i ate mushrooms and went playing on the rocks and in the caves at Red Rocks Amphitheatre. We all parked cars there for our summer jobs, and have seen hundreds of concerts there so we knew the territory extremely well. But one of our friends got stuck up high in a cave and wouldn't move for hours. He even took a crap up there! Looking back it was incredibly unsafe and stupid. However, we had a blast and it's one of my favorite memories of high school. No one judge me for this! lol. You're only young once
CO Native
14ers: 58  2  15 
13ers: 29
Trip Reports (50)

Post by CO Native »

Nice, glad you all lived to be old once too.
Remember what your knees are for.
http://www.hikingintherockies.com