Cannot add multiple peaks on Trip Reports

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.
Marmot72
14er Checklist (58)
14ers in Winter (2)
13er Checklist (271)

Cannot add multiple peaks on Trip Reports

Postby Marmot72 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:23 pm

Bill,
Good afternoon. When adding a new Trip Report, the link below the drop-down for peak selection that is to allow one to select more than one peak does not seem to be working. I have tried multiple times and each time, the link does not take me anywhere. I see a message in the lower left to "select #" but a number field does not display.

Thank you for all that you do - I hope that this is truly a problem and it's not just something with my computer, as I don't want to waste your time.

-Steve
I have phenomenal route-finding abilities. Specifically, I have an uncanny knack for selecting the path of most resistance.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14er Checklist (58)
14ers Skied (46)
14ers in Winter (21)
13er Checklist (161)

Re: Cannot add multiple peaks on Trip Reports

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:27 pm

This happens to some people and I'm not sure why. I have yet to find a common thread but if you'd like to post your OS and browser/version it might help aid in the research. For now, is it possible that you could try another computer or another browser on your computer? I don't know if it's caused by Java, security, browser or some other settings on a computer.

Also, if anyone else has encountered this problem and came up with a "Settings" fix in the browser or Java, I'd really like to hear about it.

thx and sorry for the hassle
"I have made it through the things others would surely die just watching"
- Megadeth
Marmot72
14er Checklist (58)
14ers in Winter (2)
13er Checklist (271)

Re: Cannot add multiple peaks on Trip Reports

Postby Marmot72 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Bill,
I was on my wife's Mac laptop, using Safari. I'd not encountered that before on my PC, using Firefox. The feature worked a few hours later.
I have phenomenal route-finding abilities. Specifically, I have an uncanny knack for selecting the path of most resistance.

Return to “Site Problems and Resolution”