14ers.com Android App released!

Information on 14ers.com Mobile apps.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Re: 14ers.com Android App released!

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Hopefully thousands more will find it useful this summer. :)
screefieldstevie
14ers: 19 
13ers: 11
Trip Reports (0)

Post by screefieldstevie »

Is there an "Issues/Problems" thread??? Just starting browsing all the peaks and found that the Huron/Winfield trailhead place-point is in the wrong location

Thanks so much Bill for your thoughtful efforts!!!! Many thumbs up on an AWESOME app!!!! :D
"Cause the Rocky Mountain Way Is better than the way we had" - Joe Walsh
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

screefieldstevie wrote:Is there an "Issues/Problems" thread??? Just starting browsing all the peaks and found that the Huron/Winfield trailhead place-point is in the wrong location

Thanks so much Bill for your thoughtful efforts!!!! Many thumbs up on an AWESOME app!!!! :D
Just go ahead and create a new thread on it, in the Mobile Apps forum. I'll take a look as it may be an issue in the feed programs from the site.
Thanks!
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

screefieldstevie wrote:Is there an "Issues/Problems" thread??? Just starting browsing all the peaks and found that the Huron/Winfield trailhead place-point is in the wrong location

Hmm, looks like it's using the correct coordinates but just plotting it a ways off.
I'll email Nathon on this one.

Update: Nathan found the problem and will correct it with and Update in the Android Marketplace.

Thanks again
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
Bacchus
14ers: 14 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Bacchus »

So I am trying to search for this app on the android marketplace but can't find it, even tried scanning the QR code and still nothing. Has the app been taken down?
"You go down the mountain on a full heart." gentleman from Tennessee
Rockchalk Jayhawk...Go KU
Kent McLemore
14ers: 11 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Kent McLemore »

"14ers.com" works for me.

https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... rch_result" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-km
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

Bacchus wrote:So I am trying to search for this app on the android marketplace but can't find it, even tried scanning the QR code and still nothing. Has the app been taken down?
It probably doesn't show up for you because your device may not meet the minimum Android version requirements (v2.0.1).
Bacchus
14ers: 14 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Bacchus »

BillMiddlebrook wrote:
Bacchus wrote:So I am trying to search for this app on the android marketplace but can't find it, even tried scanning the QR code and still nothing. Has the app been taken down?
It probably doesn't show up for you because your device may not meet the minimum Android version requirements (v2.0.1).
yep that's it...man I need to get a new phone.
"You go down the mountain on a full heart." gentleman from Tennessee
Rockchalk Jayhawk...Go KU
ndrew
14ers: 33 
13ers: 20
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ndrew »

I would just like to say how awesome the app is. I was at the peak of Mt. Evans today and I really didn't want to hike the same way back or take the road, so I pulled out my phone and looked up alternate routes down Mt. Evans. It was very useful!
"What smells like blue?"
tmathews
Trip Reports (0)

Post by tmathews »

Bill, just out of curiosity -- do you plan to make "Routes by 14ers.com users" available to download on the 14ers.com app?
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

tmathews wrote:Bill, just out of curiosity -- do you plan to make "Routes by 14ers.com users" available to download on the 14ers.com app?
I hope to at some point.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

Over 5,000 people are now using the 14ers.com Android app!

More info...